Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Keep your eye on the ball

Posted by: user350969 | Sat 25th Dec 2010 21:20 | Last Reply

Don't know whether it's becuase I;m still learning, not paying enough attention or lack of perfect vision (I wear glasses) but I have a lot of trouble following white balls through their journey after teeing off.

Knowing this my girlfriend has bought me some Yellow Golf Balls for Christmas.

Now I beleive Yellow Balls are normally used for winter conditions but I was wondering are there any rules, Club or Etiquette, which forbid their use during normal Summertime Play?

I think until my Concentration/Swing/Eyesight improve somewhat they will be a big help but wouldn't want to think I am either invalidating my play or just not playing fair.

Can you use yellow balls anytime of the year? (I've also seen Orange which may be another choice later on so the same question applies to those also).

Regards,

Dave.

re: Keep your eye on the ball
user350969
Reply : Sat 25th Dec 2010 21:23

P.S. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to one and all!smileyhttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/regular_smile.gif" title="smiley" width="20" />

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 25th Dec 2010 22:44

Dave, I cannot remember any rule that forbids using a Yellow or Orange ball during a round of golf.

Now county competitions might be different, but if you start playing them then you will have to ask somebody about it.

Happy Christmas.

Russ

user24437
Reply : Sun 26th Dec 2010 09:25

Seem to remember a couple of pro's using the yellow Srixon's last year and as far as I know there are no rules about what colour you use.  Not over keen on them myself, but have got 3 in my bag for the winter just in case.

user26342
Reply : Sun 26th Dec 2010 11:36

Tim Clark won an event the 1st time he used the new yellow Srixon.

I don't think there are any rules as long as they conform to the current standards.

A few pro's on the Challenge tour have been using the Truvis balls.

user350969
Reply : Sun 26th Dec 2010 14:32

Thanks Russ, Tim and John!

They are now in my bag wating for the snow to clear (had to cancel a game just before Christmas cuz we were snowed in so quite ichty to go).

Russ, Re You comment about County Competions - If I ever get to be that good don't think I'll care what colur ball I'm using!

I'll be happy just to get a game where I get close to Par.

user278729
Reply : Sat 1st Jan 2011 23:30

I started using yellow golf balls the other day for the first time. I find them much easier to see and find!! I shall keep using them for the time being!

user331868
Reply : Mon 3rd Jan 2011 07:07

I don't think it matters what colour your ball is, there is a woman professional who uses a pink one, i think its Paula Creamer. { cant see that one catching on}....!!!!

Last edit : Mon 3rd Jan 2011 07:08
user331868
Reply : Sat 29th Jan 2011 08:57

Benerald

there is a golf range near me that used to be a boating lake and they use balls that float.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 30th Jan 2011 15:21

I don't have trouble following the ball after I've hit it.

My problem comes when it lands!

If I don't see it bounce then I've got to walk down there and hope to find it.

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top