Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Early Morning Golf

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Tue 30th Nov 2010 21:02 | Last Reply

Now I have never, ever been an 'early morning' person.

My idea of a great days golf is to get up around 9am and tee off around 11am to midday.

Now I work nights but this doesn't stop me playing midweek during the summer months.

My problem now is that the job I'm doing at the moment means I don't finish work until 6am, or even later if there are problems at the depot or on the road!

At the start of the winter I used to go to bed and get up at 11am, tee off at midday and be finished around 3pm.

This started to get a bit of 'hard work' as I struggled to get out of bed!

So I decided to give 'early morning golf' a try.

I played the Priors course at my golf club and started at 8am (not really early, but early for me!)

Started well enough but I could feel myself getting tired as the round progressed.

At this moment I've played two early morning rounds and the second round wasn't as bad as the first one, so maybe I'm getting used to playing early.

I'll keep trying but at the moment the snow is stopping any golf whatsoever!

Russ

re: Early Morning Golf
user34817
Reply : Wed 1st Dec 2010 08:54

I do like early morning golf.  I've never had a problem with getting up early and if I can start at 7am in the summer and finish, have breakfast in the clubhouse and be home by 11:30 then I still have the rest of the day (to do whatever the wife wants to do).

user250721
Reply : Wed 1st Dec 2010 11:54

It rough and smooth I think.

I used Like playing at 12pm to 3pm (Obviously the later in the summer) and somtimes dont finish until 7ish.

Although with this it does take up a full day as you cant get much done before and after is a no no.

At least with teeing off in the morning you can have the rest of the day.

user247577
Reply : Wed 1st Dec 2010 12:35

Ah the joy of an early round, fairways clear, just a trace of dew on the green. the far distance hum of desperate commuters striving to beat the rush hour.  what a great feeling to complete a round without the constant looking over the shoulder to see if anyone is catching us up.

Back to clubhouse for a late bacon sarnie ( about 10:00am ) review the round make a new date with my partner, such joy.  Well I can dream can`t I

Its all we can do while the soft & fluffy is with us

user38216
Reply : Wed 1st Dec 2010 17:07

I like to get out early in the summer about 7am for a round of golf, light lunch and then, another 18 holes. Best of both worlds

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top