Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Winter carry bag any recommendations

Posted by: user209201 | Tue 30th Nov 2010 19:18 | Last Reply

I'm looking to buy my first stand/carry bag and could really do with a little advice. I have looked at the sun mountain H2NO, Ping Latitude V2 and the Callaway warbird but as I have not used a carry bag before I would appreciate all the help I can get before I make my purchase.

re: Winter carry bag any recommendations
user90905
Reply : Thu 2nd Dec 2010 07:17

Hi Keith, I've owned a few of these in my time and my advice would be to buy a sturdy, twin strap bag with a robust, strong baseplate/and folding legs assembly regardless of the brand name. I had one of the really lightweight bags and it was hopeless and expensive!  The flimsy legs meant that the slightest gust of wind blew it over and the lack of enough dividers caused my clubs to jam when the legs were extended. If you look online you can pick up a good one for around £50. I currently use a mizuno renegade and find it the most stable and solid one I've had. I paid around £ 40 from direct golf.

user24437
Reply : Thu 2nd Dec 2010 08:35

I use a Nike Sasquatch tour bag and would recommend it.  However it depends what you're looking for.  The Nike is light, very comfortable, well balanced, got a 14 way divider and plenty of room for stuff (and I take a lot).  It's the only bag I use and can (if you want) fit it on a trolley too, although I rarely do.

user127691
Reply : Thu 2nd Dec 2010 13:57

For me the nike sauasquatch bag is far to big for a carry bag, it is ideal for a bag for someone who also ocasionally uses a trolley.

I do agree though that some of these lightweight bags are far to flimsy to justify the large price tags as they must only last a season or two.

I like the Titlist Sta Dry but the £120 price tag does put me off. I know clubhousegolf are doing the Mizuno aerlolite3 bag at £50 which seems a good price to me and Direct Golf also do a hotblade lightweight bag that is around the £50 mark, not a brand I would usually rush to but but like I say for the amount of time a lghtweight bag would last tghis looks as good as any and at a really food price.

user115085
Reply : Thu 2nd Dec 2010 14:34

I went from a Nike SQ tour to a Stewart waterproof bag....although amusingly since switching I've not been caught in any heavy rain with it. Much more spacious clothing pocket and lighter. Only downside so far is the lack of 14way divider. Paid about £60 new direct from Stewart (look for the deals on ebay). Really wanted water resistance as the SQ was a bit of a sponge in heavy rain and only had one small waterproof section.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top