Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

think its time to store the clubs till the warmer weather arrives

Posted by: user129665 | Mon 22nd Nov 2010 18:21 | Last Reply

who else is feeling the effects of the cold, saturday i played and not to bad but i really couldn't get through the ball, the ball strike was poor and no distance 

id been hitting it really well but hey ho me and the cold dont go 

so who else is packing up for a few months ??

re: think its time to store the clubs till the warmer weather arrives
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 22nd Nov 2010 19:04

Not me, I'll be playing on right through the winter, and all the time I'll be dreaming about playing golf in short sleeve shirts!

Russ

user34817
Reply : Mon 22nd Nov 2010 19:24

I'm with Russ, I don't stop playing unless the course shuts for snow or something like that.  Fortunately my local course has excellent drainage and even when it has snowed it doesn't stay shut for long after the white stuff has disappeared.  A couple of extra layers and my Footjoy Wintersof gloves is all I need to get through the cold :-)

And hopefully I will be ready for the new season when it comes round as I'm having a course of lessons starting Thursday.  I have got a golf weekend already booked for the end of March 2010 and hopefully the ball will be going long and straight by then.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 22nd Nov 2010 21:00

I normally pack up in the Summer when the work load on Golfshake picks up  

My sign to give up for a few months is when the mitts come out!

user129665
Reply : Tue 23rd Nov 2010 04:06

im normally the same but this year is going to be different, im closing my membership to concentrate on cricket again not enough time for both so no renewal january means that im not going to pay to be freezing cold lol unless i can get myself on a jolly in the sun its collecting dust time 

greens are poor at Hinckley at the moment so mind isnt on the game, the rest of the week looks cold and i hate frozen greens full stop 

user26342
Reply : Tue 23rd Nov 2010 20:55

Wuss

user350969
Reply : Thu 25th Nov 2010 18:06

Being fairly new to the game and having a chance to play the other day I couldn't resist and although very cold it was thankfuly dry (but muddy!) and I throughly enjoyed it and didn't really notice the winter weather at all.

I think the only type of weather that will put me off is pouring rain (I hate the wet) but am keeping my fingers crossed for dry albeit cold weather so I can keep my practice going.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top