Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Never lose a ball again, almost. What do you think ?

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Mon 8th Nov 2010 08:08 | Last Reply

The Prazza golf balls contain a micro-chip which is activated when the golfer hits a shot and uses RFID technology to enable the Prazza® Tracker handset to locate the ball from up to 100 metres, even in the thickest rough.  

Read more and let us know what you think:

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/1971/Never_Lose_a_Ball_Again_with_the_Prazza_Golf_Ball.html

re: Never lose a ball again, almost. What do you think ?
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 8th Nov 2010 11:21

I think you are spot on Lewis but if the large golf ball manufacturers got involved then the price could come down dramatically.

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 8th Nov 2010 12:47

The idea is good but the cost is way off.

Anyone who would be willing to pay £329 for the package and then £39.95 for 3 balls wouldn't be bothered about the cost of losing too many balls.

My main concern is the cost against life of these balls. To me £40 for a dozen ProV 1's is better than the cost of three of these balls and I don't have to shell out the £329.

They are not approved by The R&A yet either.

This type of idea always says to me "where is the MOLITOR Golf ball today?"

TheLyth

user26342
Reply : Mon 8th Nov 2010 14:19

I can just see picture in my head now, see if you can imagine as well.

Before player A tees off he gets his GPS out, he checks for hazards etc.

Takes 5 practice swings & then duffs it into the rough.

Takes his remote control for his trolley out of his pocket & starts walking

Takes out his Prazza & hunts around like a sniffer dog looking for prey.

Finds ball, checks GPS again.....& the saga continues.

When he eventually gets to the green he gets his iPhone out & loads his 'green reader app' (saw this advertised in Todays golfer this month, I know it's illegal but people will use it!). He walks all around the ball getting his info.

He then 3 putts.

Takes his GPS out to record his stats.

The point I'm trying to make is how many devices will golfers be prepared to carry / use??

user44195
Reply : Tue 9th Nov 2010 19:03

Sticking with the technology theme, I read in one of Bob Rotella's books about golf that despite the advances in technology in golf equipment, including but not limited:

Dustbin lid drivers, More Forgiving Irons,Belly Butters, distance balls and all the other aids that promise good golf.

The average handicap for both Men and Lady golfers has not changed one iota in the last 30 years, this despite the millions of Dollars/Pounds being spent by the golfing community each year.

user125585
Reply : Wed 10th Nov 2010 00:28

@David

I think I found your missing Molitor in a hedge on our course the other weekend, don't ask what I was doing in there!!

I must admit it did surprise me to see one of those around!

Last edit : Wed 10th Nov 2010 00:28
user16106
Reply : Thu 11th Nov 2010 22:58

On the whole a good idea if it was to cost £30 for the gizmo and £5 a ball. £300+ is ridicules. Also it could not be used in any type of comp or to gain an adjustment in your handicap ( I imagine ).You would not use it on a hole with water or OOB or a ditch or near a driving range or etc etc etc. All to speed up the game? Just play a provisional ball.

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top