Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

De vere Membership

Posted by: user98354 | Sun 17th Oct 2010 21:36 | Last Reply

De vere golf membership £295 for 100 points  ---11 venues = 16 courses-----

When you play they take points off your card  depends on where and when you play

Allows you to play in your home club tournements

Thinking about trying it - any thoughts

re: De vere Membership
user106712
Reply : Sun 17th Oct 2010 21:55

It works out around 4 - 6 points per game depending on the time you play. When you run out of points you can top up. if you play in the evening it costs 4 points off-peak, other times are 6 points. I dont know about weekends.

I'm a member of De-vere and it costs me £50 per month for 5 day membership, which works out at £12 per week. I also get to play other De-vere courses for free. But i don't think it is availlable to new members.

If you plan on playing more than 3 times a month then this is not really worth it. I think someone at De-vere has suddenly had a thought on how to get twice as much money out of regular players.

I play on average twice a week, thats over 100 times a year all at peak times. Thats 600 points = £1770 almost 3 times what I am paying as a 5 day member.

Last edit : Sun 17th Oct 2010 22:03
user127691
Reply : Mon 18th Oct 2010 16:06

De Vere have withdrawn 5 and 7 day meberships. I'm a 7 day memeber at whychwood park and we have been told except renewals no more full memebers only these £295 meberships are available at present.

I know alot of guys who use them as second memeberships or who work away alot and can only play weekends anyway. Not really suitable for someone looking to play regularly at the same course.

Also be aware the points also vary by which course you want to play, so some courses are 7 points for a peak time others are 14 points. Even a fully fledged De Vere member still has to pay a reduced fee for loch lomand so I wouldn't imagine you could play there 20 times for £295.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 21st Oct 2010 19:14

Gareth, it must be fun taking your golf clubs on the tube/train!

I saw this offer from De Vere, but I'm not near enough to one of their clubs to be interested in it.

Didn't realise it was points based.

If they are not taking five or seven day members and expect you to use this option they will lose a lot of members to other clubs.

Russ

user52922
Reply : Thu 21st Oct 2010 19:28

Gareth, even though the capital has a good transport system it does not seem to run anywhere near the golf clubs, an exception would be Mitcham Golf club, which, although municipal, has a thriving membership and is a course that is challenging and always in excellent condition. The train station is right at the entrance to the club.

Chingford in north east london/essex fringes also has a train station and a good bus service. I used to use this myself when I first started playing there in 1959. It has two clubs, one called Chingford Golf Club and the other Royal Epping Forest Golf Club.

Richmond Park has two fine public courses and one can turn up on ones own and they will fit you into a game without any problem. Unfortunately the bus stop is a little way from the course.

If you are in south east London then Beckenham Place Park is another public course which has a membership and is on a bus route. Nice little course.

Let me know exactly where you live and I can possibly help further.

Last edit : Thu 21st Oct 2010 20:25
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 8th Mar 2013 14:26
user127691
Reply : Fri 8th Mar 2013 14:34

The brabazon isn't included in the points scheme. Only the other courses!!!

You can get a significantly reduced rate to play the Brabazon though.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 8th Mar 2013 19:19

The Brabazon isn't the best course there anyway Gary. The PGA is a much better course. The Brabazon is trading on the name and Ryder Cup history

user52922
Reply : Fri 8th Mar 2013 19:39

You are having a laugh, Chris, I myself never have rated the Brabazon, but the PGA is probably the worst designed course I have ever played.

Last edit : Fri 8th Mar 2013 23:11
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 8th Mar 2013 21:13

The beauty of golf and opinions John. I really like the PGA, although I can appreciate it's not for everyone. Some people like parklands, some like links, some like Americana. If we all liked the same the this would be a boring world.

I can see why the Brabazon got the Ryder Cup as it lends itself really well to matchplay, but as a stroke play course I don't think it's all that

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top