Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Greg Nicholson Golf

Posted by: user65633 | Wed 6th Oct 2010 12:35 | Last Reply

Has anyone purchased equipment from the Greg Nicholson Golf site? If so, can you give some feed back on speed of delivery etc.

re: Greg Nicholson Golf
user410273
Reply : Tue 29th Nov 2011 23:11

Used them when I lived nearby. Never ever again. And I had words with the owner and didn't find him the least bit pleasant to deal with.

Iron head snapped at the bottom of the hosel first time out. His idea of a replacement was to give me a 2nd hand iron that didn't match the set. He wouldn't take a matching iron out of another set, nor get one from the manufacturer nor refund the price of the set.

Google for reviews and you'll find many sites slating the service he gives.

Last edit : Wed 30th Nov 2011 10:10
user106712
Reply : Thu 22nd Dec 2011 16:42

Mr M Cullen .... A.K.A.....Mr G Nicholson

Or am I a little bit sceptical ?

Last edit : Thu 22nd Dec 2011 18:11
user356537
Reply : Fri 23rd Dec 2011 08:19

"The staff on the telephone gave me the advice of which loft & shaft to go for"

Custom fitting by phone. Now there's a neat trick!  Makes you wonder why the pro's pay out £20+k for a Trackman when you can just use a phone.

user446921
Reply : Tue 7th Feb 2012 09:40

Greg Nicholson has lied to me on three occasions and also pretended he did not recieve the golf balls I had to return due to his lies,  I wll bide my time to  recover my losses he can count on that

STAY WELL CLEAR,   STAY WELL CLEAR,   STAY WELL CLEAR,  STAY WELL CLEAR, 

user430247
Reply : Sun 12th Feb 2012 16:43

i had a custon fit of him , and he had me 2* toe DOWN  , clubs came they was sh1t , works out i,am 1* TOE UP , in the end after 13weeks of going back to the shop day in day out ,i give up with him , i will NEVER GO IN THAT SHOP AGAIN , AND I SAY TO YOU AND ALL OF YOU DO NOT GO THERE ,, P,S at one piont he told me he had put may clubs to 1* toe up , so toke them to a other shop put them in there loft and lie , and YES THEY WAS SILL TOE DOWN ,,,, stop away from him  

user410273
Reply : Thu 16th Feb 2012 21:53

Mr Cullen, you've ordered from Nicholsons 3 times and had 1st service. Delivery within 48hrs.

A question, why mail order when you live in Manchester, i.e. where Nicholson's store is?

Epic fail!!!

user446921
Reply : Thu 16th Feb 2012 23:21

Same Person...... He has put the post on himself

What a way to run a business  its laughable

Last edit : Thu 16th Feb 2012 23:25
user422042
Reply : Thu 16th May 2013 13:55

Avoid like the plague! I ordered a pair of Foojoy Dryjoy Tour shoes (2012 edition) on the 7Th May. Shoes were shown available and priced at £89.99. Later that day I received a call from the store saying that the 2012 model were no longer in stock and I was asked to pay a further £9.99 for the 2013 version which I was told were much improved. After negotiation I agreed to split the difference and pay a futher £5. On 9th May I had not received any further communication so I e-mailed to enquire as to when I should expect delivery. After 24hrs no reply and so I called the store only to be advised that the shoes were not in stock and on order from Footjoy. I has also checked my online credit card statement to find I had been charged and extra £6 not the agreed 5. Eventually the parcel arrived on Tuesday 14th and to my surprise I found I had been sent the 2012 model as originally ordered. During a further call to the store I was advised that this was a 2012 upgrade despite the fact I had been told I was purchasing the 2013 model. Not convinced by this a call to Footjoy customer services confirmed that no such upgrade exists. Meanwhile the online store is still advertising the 2012 model as available at £89.99. I queried this and was informed that staff have to employ an outside agency to any price on the website and that it is uneconomical to update the site on a regular basis. In a nutshell avoid. The stock advertised is not readily available and the staff I spoke with were extremely arrogant. I only wish I had read other reviews before ordering.

user446921
Reply : Fri 17th May 2013 08:28

Mr M Cullen .... A.K.A.....Mr G Nicholson both the same person I`m sure, should be reported to the Office of Fair Trading

Last edit : Fri 17th May 2013 08:28

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top