Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

2010 Ryder Cup - my opinions

Posted by: user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Tue 5th Oct 2010 12:16 | Last Reply

Well, 24hrs later than scheduled, we knew the winners of the 2010 Ryder Cup.

It all started on time with the Opening Ceremony. It was kept short and I must say it was better to watch this way.

Lee Westwood looked to have a slight limp and looked uncomfortable sat on the stage but when things got underway he played well. He may have tired into Monday but I thought we got more from him than expected.

Harrington didn't produce his Wednesday form but helped Ross Fisher a great deal.

The whole Europe Team didn't seem to fire until we came to the re-arranged format on Friday evening and a sea of blue on the scoreboard overnight looked comfortable. The following day saw Europe win that session 5.5 to 0.5 and take a three point lead into the singles.

Monty said he then changed his Singles line-up because of the score. I think he sent four of his 'big guns' out first in an attempt to put the result beyond doubt quickly, but held some strong match-players to the end.

Pavin didn't go the normal route and put all his 'big guns' out first trying to tie the match early, so America had a strong middle. US points came from players that were not expected to get them as easily and it all came to GMac.

I feel sorry for Hunter Mahan. Dormie two down and he 'fats' a Tee-shot, 'chunks' a chip and Europe have won. Although he didn't get many birdies during the round, I hope he isn't only remembered for the way he played the 17th.

Kaymer seemed to buckle under the pressure but still had a decent week.

Poulter was Poulter and if he doesn't win a Major soon, I will be very suprised.

The Rookies did well, you can't expect them to produce their normal game under the pressure of the Ryder Cup.

Winning by a single point and the way Monty's picks performed, the debate of, should Casey & Rose have been picked, will go on.

All in all, Europe finished 2nd, America 3rd.

THE WINNER Da, da, da, da, da, dar!   GOLF!

TheLyth

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top