Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

golf breaks for stag weekend

Posted by: user323021 | Sun 26th Sep 2010 20:03 | Last Reply

Hi all, i have recently been asked to be best man for my mate wedding in may next yr. Ther is a few of us that are keen golfers but also some who just want a lads weekend away with plenty of drink and a good laugh. So im wondering if anyone has any ideas of places in eng or scotland for a weekend away, somwhere thats good for golf but not too far away for a good night out also?? any ideas are greatly appreciated thanks lee.

re: golf breaks for stag weekend
user77012
Reply : Sun 26th Sep 2010 20:20

Lee, Donnington Grove play and stay just off Jct 13 m4 a great course then into Newbury for a good night 5mins away in a Taxi .

Or more central, Mckenzie Welcome Hotel Sratford upon Avon another good course and 5min Taxi into Stratford.

Regular visiter to both venues over the last few years with 20+ every time no ones ever complained. I used Golfbreaks.com everytime I have no affiliation to them just a satisfied user .Good luck.

user320447
Reply : Mon 27th Sep 2010 10:04

Hi Lee,

I was in the exact same position earlier this year; organising a stag party for 30 lads, mixture of golfers, people who hadn't played but wanted to and others that just plain hated golf!

We ended up going to Edinburgh for the weekend! Played golf on the Friday, Whitewater rafted on the Saturday and then played golf again on the Sunday. People that didn't want to golf went exploring the city (bars!). Everyone had a great time and the two courses we played (Carrick Knowe and Braids Hill) were awesome and pretty close to the centre (�10 black cab ride).

I booked it all through a company called Stagweb who were pretty good. The golf ended up being a bit more expensive than the normal course fee, but I expected that as they were booking tee-times for a large group on a weekend!

Hope that helps and hope you end up having a great time!

user235379
Reply : Mon 27th Sep 2010 20:31

done one last year in Carlisle, fantastic courses and the town center is a good night out too

user67421
Reply : Wed 29th Sep 2010 20:44

have you thought about Bridlington, you can get 2 nights at royal and 3 rounds for about £125 each.

The town is great in summer for a night out, plenty of pubs and night clubs.

user631295
Reply : Wed 15th Apr 2015 10:53

Hello! I know a company that organizes a stag parties in Krakow. This is the website:PartyKrakow It has a lot of information about ideas and activities to do on stag party.

I hope this helps!!

Last edit : Wed 15th Apr 2015 10:53

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top