Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Waterproofs

Posted by: user34817 | Sun 26th Sep 2010 17:06 | Last Reply

As we will be getting some less than desireable weather in the coming months and it is my birthday in a couple of weeks I was thinking of getting some new waterproofs.  I currently have a cheap Proline set of trousers and jacket.  Can anyone recommend some waterproofs or the better makers of waterproofs to head me in the right direction.  The Galvin Green stuff looks great but way out of my price range.  Thanks.

re: Waterproofs
user79118
Reply : Sun 26th Sep 2010 18:52

Bought a set of Nike waterproofs myself about 6 weeks ago from nevada bobs. £99  and then 3 weeks ago they reduced them to £59. Gutted. Used them on several occasions since buying them as they keep the wind chill off me and also fold up really small. Very light and kept me perfectly dry, even when it was lashing down with 50 mph winds a few weeks ago. 3 year waterproof guarantee included. Nike Fit Storm is the full title/type.

user127691
Reply : Sun 26th Sep 2010 21:12

I got a full Nike gore tex suit off onlinegolf last year for £170 half the original price as it was replaced by  model this year that looks slightly different.

It's an amazing piece of kit wind and rain stand no chace whish if only it would keep slices out 'd be sorted.

user235379
Reply : Mon 27th Sep 2010 20:30

the Galvins are a great set of water proofs and i really like them and the fact that you can wash and tumble dry them is a bonus (don't know if all water proofs are the same), i also have a set of Pringle's which are also excellent, no matter how hard it rains the water just beads off

user26342
Reply : Mon 27th Sep 2010 21:07

Richard,

I'd pay the extra & go for the Galvins, you'll never need to buy another set. I've got the Atlas Jacket & trousers & I wouldn't wear anything else.

If price is an issue I've got a brand new Pro-quip suit for sale (only wore the jacket 4 times). PM me if you want further details .

user34817
Reply : Wed 29th Sep 2010 12:36

Thanks guys.  I'll have a look around and see what I can find.  What size is the pro-quip suit John?

user26342
Reply : Wed 29th Sep 2010 12:57

Off memory I think it's an XL. I'll dig it out of the packaging & confirm later.

user26342
Reply : Wed 29th Sep 2010 13:43

No mate, in fact I've had to buy all new golf gear due to my decreasing waist line. 16lbs & counting

I bought a pro-quip suit & had it for about 6 months & then I had some spare cash & bought the Galvins. I then noticed a fault on the Pro-quip & rang the company to tell them. Few days later I received a brand new Pro-quip suit in the post . Wore the jacket 4 times, wore it in between the times I washed my Galvin.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top