Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Cleaning grips

Posted by: user24437 | Tue 21st Sep 2010 15:55 | Last Reply

Thought I'd finally get round to re-gripping my putter as it was pretty shiny and slippery, so have ordered the stuff.  In the meantime I thought I'd have a go at cleaning up the old one - so I had a go at it with Mangers sugar soap - after all it's used for getting grease and stuff off of surfaces before painting so why not a grip?  I used a green abrasive pad and gave it a good scrub followed by a good rinse and dried it off with a soft, dry towel.

The results are quite amazing, it's as good as the day I bought it.  Not sure if it'll have any long term effect on the rubber (phoned Mangers and they say it should be fine if it's thoroughly rinsed off) so will try it on the rest of the clubs to see what happens.    

re: Cleaning grips
user24437
Reply : Tue 21st Sep 2010 17:00

No comparison Matt.  The grip is now matt black instead of gloss and although not actually sticky it does feel tacky.

I'll give it a couple of days though... 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top