Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

stalled progress

Posted by: user298481 | Sun 12th Sep 2010 20:22 | Last Reply

I am off 13 as you can see and every round i have played in the last six months has fallen at handicap or buffer.

I am typical for this h'cap (i suspect)  in that if i am not driving well my chipping and putting is on fire and if i am driving well i can't hole a thing.

Pulling my proverbial hair out tonight, please help!!! 

re: stalled progress
user52922
Reply : Sun 12th Sep 2010 20:54

You are indeed fortunate, Ian, that you have been able to maintain a level of consistency that anyone would wish to have and having looked at your stats and know the courses you play very well, I can only say that you are a very steady player.

How you move to the next level, only you will know your weaknesses and what is needed to do it. Good Luck.

Last edit : Sun 12th Sep 2010 20:54
user298481
Reply : Sun 12th Sep 2010 21:06

I need to play (or practise) more i think because I know that all the parts of my game work sometimes but not others , i have three or 4 rounds in my past  in the 70's and i know i can do it and every round of 82+ i feel upset !

user298481
Reply : Sun 12th Sep 2010 22:35

no doubt Wayne, but i have never had a lesson or a pro look at my swing and as i am a "natural" i am not sure how teaching would work for me

user77012
Reply : Sun 12th Sep 2010 23:49

Ian next time you play, play off 8 you will be suprised how this focus's you.  I got dropped from 17-12 on an away trip with a small society all from my homee club ,played to 12, 3 of the 6 rounds. On returning home I dropped from 17 - 11 from may to the end of that season.

user298481
Reply : Mon 13th Sep 2010 10:50

thanks chaps,  playing this afternoon, so will try to play off 8 and see how i go.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top