Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

What is the HDID button for?

Posted by: user246701 | Thu 9th Sep 2010 14:47 | Last Reply

I haven;t been using golfshake for ages, basically because I was happy with the basic stats that HDID presented me with. Well now after getting annoyed at the lack of progress from them on the stats front I;ve come back to golfshake.

First of all great work on the stats package its really what every site like this should spend their time on.

I notice a tab for HDID but it says I need a premuim account. The problem is that I can;t actually find anything on the site to tell me what this button will do for me.

I entered lots of "embelished" rounds on HDID, will it pull in all those entered details and store them here? Will it automatically pull in comp results for me?

Some basic understanding of the feature would help me decide if I need to upgrade my membership or if I'll be happy with the basic package, premium seems to concentrate on handicaps certificates etc, and I really don;t need any of that as I already have a club handicap ... of course a free trial of premium might sway me too

Cheers

Brian

re: What is the HDID button for?
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 9th Sep 2010 15:04

Hi Brian, glad you are back on the site.

The Platinum is more focused at the handicaps with the handicap card service.  

The Premium whilst having the handicap certificate is also aimed at golfers wanting to analyse the advanced stats ie putts, fairways, greens etc and not just for the handicap so it may be of benefit to you.

In terms of the HDID tab on the round view, this was a very very old info page when we ran out of room on the site and was unable to enter 'How did I do ?' on it.  The idea being we would provide a quick over of how you did on the round and a nice easy page rather than all the sites we provide. Sample below of one of my rounds. 

In regards to data on another system then if you could export any info and send to me I can see what we can do in terms of importing.

In regards to the trial I've just sent for the next 10 days so give it a whirl and see what you think.  If you find it useful now wait until the next phase is release sometime soon  

Stapleford Park Golf Course Stapleford Park - Tee Yellow - 29-Jun-2010OverviewExact Handicap21.4Playing Handicap21Gross Score102Par73SSS72Handicap Adjustment0.1New Handicap21.5

Playing Handicap : 21.4 - Category 4 : (20.5 - 28)

Target Handicap : 20

user246701
Reply : Thu 9th Sep 2010 15:36

Ah ok, so HDID is not actually a link in anyway to the HowDidIDo website that I assumed it was (probably because HDID is most commonly associated with the Club2000 handicap and scoring system that is installed in many golf clubs). I doubt you'll be able to include the data into your system as I can't see anyway to export the information (so unless they provide an API for others to use then that'll be off the ToDo list

"In regards to the trial I've just sent for the next 10 days so give it a whirl and see what you think." Not sure whether I'm supposed to do something about this but at the moment my account says "Standard" and "Expires: 23-Sep-2010"

Cheers for the fast response.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 9th Sep 2010 16:17

Yup could be some confusion with use of HDID on Golfshake and HDID by HowDidIDo.  This was set-up circa 1999 in the old Golfscoretracker and yes I should really update or remove.

re trial - you may need to log out and back in.

If they provide all rounds in one list showing hole by hole then you could export via copy and paste to Excel or similar spreadsheet. 

user246701
Reply : Thu 9th Sep 2010 17:22

HI Darren,

Trial is now working, thanks

I can probably get a hole by hole spreadsheet, even if i have to cut and paste each comp myself, but the site also has hole stats too (eg drives/irons/bunkers/putts etc) and I don;t see a way of getting those from the system.

I'll get a copy of the hole by hole scores and at least get those imported to here ... is there an automated system or would you have to develop something for it (any particular formatting requirements?)

brian

Last edit : Thu 9th Sep 2010 18:08
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 9th Sep 2010 21:12

Brian we don't track every shot so just start with scores for now.  Once you get up and running then track the following stats if you wish-

- fairways hit

- greens hit

- penalties

- bunkers/sand saves

- putts

Does this make sense ?

Once you have the data send it to me and I will import.

user246701
Reply : Fri 10th Sep 2010 07:59

thanks darren. I have most of the comp results hole by hole detail now, but there is no chance of getting the details stats from these rounds.

Cheers

Last edit : Fri 24th Sep 2010 09:54
user246701
Reply : Fri 24th Sep 2010 09:55

Looks like my trial has no ended and no sign of the rounds being added.

Oh well.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top