Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

france

Posted by: user215570 | Fri 3rd Sep 2010 20:03 | Last Reply

thinking of taking up offer of playing 2 rounds at la toukey spelt wrong probley and looking for a partner who would be interested in joining me for the trip what are the courses in france like

re: france
user52922
Reply : Fri 3rd Sep 2010 20:50

Le Touquet has two courses, one, Le foret and the other La Mer. They are entirely different from each other and La Mer is really a tough track not for the faint hearted.

Perhaps it would be better to play at Hardelots' two courses for your first time to France.

user41897
Reply : Sat 4th Sep 2010 08:35

Stephen

I have played a few of the Northern France courses a few times and am intending to head there in a few weeks time with a gang from work.

The courses I have played in order of favourites is:

• Belled Dune
  • Hardelot Les Pines
  • Le Touquet La Foret
  • Nampont St Martin Belevedere
  • Hardelot Les Dunes
  • Wimeraux

Belle Dune is a fantastic course which I will always try to include when I'm there.  It is quite long.  Nampont St Martin has two courses.  The Belevedere is very forgiving and I have played it as an easy opener when I've been with high handicap players before.  Wimeraux is a tough links course which I have played only once and where I lost most of my balls in one round.

Other courses that I haven't played include:

• Le Touquet La Mer
  • Nampont St Martin Les Cygnes

Both these courses are on my list to play.  Le Touquet La Mer is quite tough I believe as is Les ygnes at Nampont due to the amount of water.

For my upcoming trip I am hoping to do a 2 night 3 round trip with www.golfbreaks.com and intend to play Hardelot Les Pins then Belle Dune then Wimeraux.

Check out the courses on here and on Golfbreaks website.  I have always stayed in hotels in central le Touquet.

If you are doing a day trip to get 2 rounds in then playing both the Hardelot courses would be my suggestion and play the dunes course first.  Getting a bit late in the year maybe to get 2 rounds in comfortably in one day with the travel.

Andy

Last edit : Sat 4th Sep 2010 08:35
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 6th Sep 2010 11:54

Stephen, quick golf guide to Le Touquet right here on Golfshake

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/1392/Beginners_Guide_to_Le_Touquet.html ;

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top