Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Did someone ask about Golf Alignment ?

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Thu 2nd Sep 2010 08:56 | Last Reply

Sure someone asked about this but can't find the post!

Would be interested to hear what tips and techniques people use.  I try and use a blade of grass 6 inches in front of the ball after picking the line from behind the ball.  Obviously this helps with ball and clubhead but not always with feet and shoulders!

What does everyone else do ?

Interestingly we recently reviewed the following Yes Easy 3 in 1 training aid which is a great putting aid and alignment product.

Swing alignment -

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/1660/Yes_Golf_fantastic_training_aid.html ;

Putting aid -

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/1784/Yes_Golf_VEasy_3in1_Training_Aid_Golfshake_Review.html

re: Did someone ask about Golf Alignment ?
user24437
Reply : Thu 2nd Sep 2010 09:43

Hoping to unveil mine at Wychwood...

user50354
Reply : Thu 2nd Sep 2010 12:07

I have an imaginery box that run from the outside of my shoes to about 6 inches past the ball - the idea is that I align to the lines of the box and dont move out of the box during the swing...

It works well for me.....

user217280
Reply : Thu 2nd Sep 2010 12:47

I always line my clubface up first to a target line where I want the ball to finish, I then line my body parallel to that line for a normal straight shot, I imagine train tracks, the outside track going through my ball to target line with me standing on the inside track with feet, knees, hips and shoulders level with the imaginary track line, so aiming body slightly left of target, it is something that needs continuous monitoring because it is very easy to become misaligned after a few shots, if I was trying to shape a shot left or right then I would still line my club to my target line but would adjust my body line to the left or right. basically line your body on a line you want to start the ball on and your clubface to a line to where you want the ball to finsh.    

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 6th Sep 2010 11:56

Tim, I wait in anticipation

user24437
Reply : Mon 6th Sep 2010 14:32

Unfortunately have had a small accident* with Mk1 so Mk2 is being built rapidly - unfortunately I can't get correct material cut in time, so am resorting to a bit of laminate flooring to be going on with.  Will keep you in touch.. 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top