Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Final Round of the society season

Posted by: user124316 | Tue 31st Aug 2010 14:25 | Last Reply

Just out of interest really ,but it is the last round of the society i am a member of, i am currently leading the yearly comp with two first places and a second to my name, going in to the final round i am 8 points clear (20 points awarded to 1st, 19 to 2nd, so on and so forth)

My question is i need to fisinh in the top 5 to guarentee winning the overall comp, what would peoples advice be on playing the last round, do i stick to whats served me so well this year and attack everything or play a little bit more conservative. I started the year with a society handicap of 13 and due to wins and decent stableford scores (41, 34 & 37) i have to play the last round off 6.

Any thoughts appreciated.

re: Final Round of the society season
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 31st Aug 2010 15:38

Swing smooth!!!

Don't rush your shots and don't try to knock the skin off the ball, let the club do it's job.

Enjoy your round and good luck with finishing at the top.

Russ

re: Final Round of the society season
user95306
Reply : Tue 31st Aug 2010 18:30

Martin

I had the same scenario 2 years back, i decieded to play shall we say on the defensive said...

ah well i do have a lovely 2ND PLACE trophy sat in my trophy cabinet!

Attack attack attack attack attack(sang in the style of the mighty spion kop, liverpool L4!!)

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top