Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Harrington, Molinari, Donald - discuss ...

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Sun 29th Aug 2010 18:35 | Last Reply

Picks made for the European wild cards what do you think ?

No Casey ???  superb matchplay player

Last edit : Tue 7th Sep 2010 11:03
re: Harrington, Molinari, Donald - discuss ...
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 29th Aug 2010 18:39

Listening to the press conference I wonder if Molinari knocked Casey or Rose out today 

user289859
Reply : Sun 29th Aug 2010 18:45

Can't say I agree with the picks to be honest.

Harrington has got in on experience alone. His performances this year haven't been too great, especially in the Majors. Missed 3 cuts and was T-22 in another.

For me, the 3 wildcards had to be Casey, Rose and Edoardo Molinari

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 29th Aug 2010 18:49

Rose was told on range, how would you play today?

Casey, not yet told, imagine if galleries tell him!

Tough mental challenges today for those two

user77012
Reply : Sun 29th Aug 2010 19:08

I can answer that Rose bogies first 2 holes ! Hmmm ...only joking.

Big suprise to me was Paddy these kids don't need someone of stature in their team they will bash anyone who's put in front of them.

Rose and Casey should feel very disappointed, but I am happy with Molinari and Donald.

Last edit : Sun 29th Aug 2010 19:20
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 29th Aug 2010 19:18

Molinari was a sure thing for me, before todays finish.

Donald also, then opens with 6 Birdies, whow.

The only surprise is Harrington in front of Casey.

TheLyth

user95306
Reply : Sun 29th Aug 2010 21:44

I would have took rose infront of both casey and harrington

user61256
Reply : Mon 30th Aug 2010 07:26

Molinari - I agree with, he missed first 4 months of qualifying because he was on the lower challenge tour, but since he has move to the European Tour he has been very consistant and his play yesterday shows how he can handle high pressure.

Donald - I am fine with this pick. He is always steady in the Ryder Cup, only losing one match. He can play with any other play in the Ryder Cup team and is a quality player on the PGA and European tour.

Harrington - Not for me this time. Yes, he's won 3 Majors in last two years and carries high stature into the Ryder Cup team and i can understand what Monty says about the yanks not wanting to go up against him but to be honest i would say on current form more than half the USA team would be rubbing their hands to beat him!

Casey - This should have been the third choice for me, he reached the Matchplay final earlier this year with some great Matchplay, only falling to Poulter in the final. He is currently in much better form than Harrington.

Rose - Debateable - Doing very well on the PGA tour this year, probably his best ever, but the Ryder Cup is being played on a Welsh course lots different from the types of courses in Yankland. If he'd have qualified via the points rankings i would have been happy but it's a simple as this, i think Molinari, Donald and Casey would have provided more Ryder Cup points which is all the matters.

Just my thoughts, i don't really care if Monty is right or wrong as long as we beat the Yanks, it's a really tough decision to make and the players should try to avoid Monty making hard decisions like this by qualifying via the points/rankings.

user299162
Reply : Mon 30th Aug 2010 11:05

have to agree with the decision to include molinari watched him yesterday and showed real class when it was needed  ,also agree with the inclusion of harrington even if he's not at his best as you need experience as well a youth he's done it all .... as for donald casey and rose i think you could toss a coin between then and lets face it none of then did themselves any favours by playin last cpl weeks on the pga instead of the european tour if rose or casey had played at least once in the last 2 events they would have got that last pick .... just my tupence worth lol... ohh and finally great to see garcia included with team europe hopefully it will give the lad something to get excited about he's been a lost boy this season

user127691
Reply : Mon 30th Aug 2010 12:23

Mollinari is a very good pick in form and an ideal pairig with his brother.

Padraig should never have got the nod over casey.

Rose was unfortunate but it is a toss up for me between him and Donald so not that bothered about him getting the pick over Rose but I do think Rose should have been in anyway and the system is flawed.

It's a bit silly really Rose lives in america with his family so plays his golf pretty much exclusivly over there. If he would have been playing golf on the european tour this year he would have easily qualified. It's like Portugal saying to Christiano Ronaldo you can'y play for Portugal in the world cup because you have been playing in spain. The idea is to get the best europeans playing the best american's, it shouldn't make a difference what tour you play on.  

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 30th Aug 2010 13:23

Harrington was the big surpirse to me.

So far this year he's been very poor.

All the players who thought they should be in the team so stayed in America to earn more money didn't deserve to be in the team.

If you didn't have enough points to qualify for the team then they should have been playing at Gleneagles, but many stayed in America.

Making Garcia a vice-captain was a good move.

Monty has named his team now so if it fails he'll be slaughtered in the press, and if we win the press will say we should have won!

Russ

user127691
Reply : Mon 30th Aug 2010 14:16

Being at Gleneagles wouldn't have helped Rose he played all his golf on th PGA so 1 comp would not have made ay difference.

user38216
Reply : Mon 30th Aug 2010 17:31

Luke and Edoardo fair enough, he is great with a putter and thats what you need under pressure.

I would have picked Dyson aswell, solid player under all conditions.

Paddy is trading on the past and needs to stop tinkering with what was the finished article.

user118394
Reply : Tue 31st Aug 2010 22:14

whoever got the wildcards are good enough to spank the yanks,very good team this year,feel sorry for casey as he is in worlds top ten but if he was that bothered he would have played in 1 of the last couple of events instead ofchasing the dollars in america.

well chuffed monty has included sergio,wouldn t be the same without him bouncing about,even though i heard on the radio today him and paddy can t stand each other and can t even bear to be in the same room together

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top