Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Stony courses

Posted by: user125090 | Tue 24th Aug 2010 22:13 | Last Reply

I am considering joining a golf club where the fairways are a little stony.  Although you get a free drop away from stony areas, many lurk below the surface and so I've noticed my clubs getting scratched and nicked every time I play there.

The question is this:  Is it normal, and acceptable, for your clubs to wear a few 'battle scars' after each round?  Or should I be looking to play somewhere else?  What do you think?

(nb I am not going to name and shame the course).

re: Stony courses
user16106
Reply : Tue 24th Aug 2010 22:35

I personally would not play there as I really smash the ball then turf. Not too good during really hot weather or really wet weather or really cold weather for that matter.

Looked at your stats, 2 eagles in your last 2 rounds is that some sort of record?

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user249845
Reply : Tue 24th Aug 2010 22:42

I too would probably avoid playing there. A couple of weeks ago I hit a shot from some rough with a huge 'CRACK!' noise, club stopped dead, nearly sprained my wrist and the ball moved about 5 yards as there must have been a stone lurking under there.

Looked at the club, big stone chip on the toe end of my 6 iron. Gutted.

user235379
Reply : Wed 25th Aug 2010 22:55

the course i have joined only opened in june, all of my clubs are battle scared inc fairway woods, you would think for £1175 a year it would be a little better, i have given up on ever selling my clubs already and they are only 5 months old.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top