Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Is this the norm?

Posted by: user115085 | Wed 18th Aug 2010 13:47 | Last Reply

Having joined a club last year and finally getting my cards in to have an official handicap I'm now looking forward to my first Medal comp (in nearly ten years) this coming saturday. It struck me as rather odd that we had to arrange our own group and pick a tee time in the available slot. At my previous club (this was a long time ago), one would put their name on the registration list and a few days or a week before the groups and tee times would be published meaning you would often get drawn with new playing partners which was fun. I understand at my new club this is true for some of the club "majors" but not for the regular comps.

How does it work at other peoples clubs these days and which do you prefer?

re: Is this the norm?
user52922
Reply : Wed 18th Aug 2010 13:57

The method adopted at my old club in Somerset was to put the slots from 1st starting time onwards in three's on the noticeboard.

One just filled in one slot for oneself and whoever filled in the other two slots for that time were your partners. All medals played in three's.

This was a simple idea and worked very well because one could choose ones starting time and if you wished to play with two of your mates then they put their names down in the same slot.

Last edit : Wed 18th Aug 2010 16:18
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 18th Aug 2010 14:55

Same thing with me at my previous two clubs.

TheLyth

user106712
Reply : Wed 18th Aug 2010 14:55

I've just played a midweek stableford (today) we booked a tee time a week ago me and my playing partner. when we booked it we mentioned we would be playing the comp and when we arrived we put our names and handicaps in the book .  I scored 38 points and so did my partner but I beat him on back 9.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top