Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

What to you is the perfect round of golf?

Posted by: user276830 | Mon 16th Aug 2010 14:30 | Last Reply

We see the pros score under par all the time... Many of them score rounds in the low 60's...

But has there ever been a round were a golfer has hit exaclty par, while hitting every fariway, every green in regulation and 2 putted on every green?

To me scoring a 72 in that fashion would be more satisfactory than scoring a 68 with, say, scoring 8 birdies and 4 bogies.

Anyone agree?

If not, what would be your perfect round of golf?

re: What to you is the perfect round of golf?
user106712
Reply : Mon 16th Aug 2010 14:39

birdie on every par 4 and par 3 and eagles on every par 5.... -20 .that'll do.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 16th Aug 2010 15:10

At the moment, playing to a single figure handicap score would be perfect for me, especially if it meant I broke 80

In more realistic terms, a quiet course that allowed me to play at my own pace without worry of disturbing others.  A warm (not hot) day with little or no wind.  Well trimmed fairways that were found with regularity.  Smooth, true and quick greens that were receptive to a ball.  No blobs, no penalties, no lost balls and all dropped points recovered.  Walking off feeling I had played reasonably well and that I had enjoyed the outing

user26342
Reply : Mon 16th Aug 2010 15:46

Playing a full round of golf without any swing thoughts going through my head & not feeling the ball leave the clubface.

user209897
Reply : Mon 16th Aug 2010 19:30

well, it starts with me sneaking my clubs in the car the night before,kissing the woman goodbye saying id be in for tea,and proceeding to "nick off" work

user16106
Reply : Mon 16th Aug 2010 21:21

At the moment, I would love a round that did not have any hole less than 2 pts. Should happen when you are playing quite well.

Failing that a 79.

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user77012
Reply : Tue 17th Aug 2010 12:28

1 or 3 Guinness before tee off. 18 holes with 11 great friends without taking the game serious, then more of the black stuff after. Luckily this happens every May in Ireland and can never come soon enough.

on a the seriuos side If I play close to par without a double on the card I'm happy. I expect to get some bogies and birdies given my Hcp but hate doubles.

user16163
Reply : Tue 17th Aug 2010 14:28

"If I play close to par without a double on the card I'm happy. I expect to get some bogies and birdies given my Hcp but hate doubles."

aint that the truth dave!!!

something that plagues my came more often than not

had a round the other day and had 3 doubles and a fkin triple on my card and only shot 1 over my hcap

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top