Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

new irons

Posted by: user317390 | Tue 10th Aug 2010 19:42 | Last Reply

i am about to update my old 20 year old clubs for a new set and i am thinking of the callaway diablo edge i would like some feedback on this matter. my handicap is 17.7

re: new irons
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 10th Aug 2010 20:46

Stephen not about to offer any advice, others are more educated on this subject, but just shows that once you can play golf then any kit can do it regardless of modern tech etc

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 10th Aug 2010 21:06

Sanders, your not hearing stories about my glove from yesterday or a very expensive glove I previously owned that lasted 3 rounds.

user77012
Reply : Tue 10th Aug 2010 21:15

Stephen what clubs are you currently using? I just checked out the Diablo edge on their website ,and to be honest they look awful , I'm sure you are a better player than those irons the big bertha Diablo's look a hell of a lot better.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 10th Aug 2010 22:45

Stephen,

Those are really aimed at players with a higher handicap than yours.  I just bought Titleist 710 CB's and they're fantastic (apart from the 7 iron which is putting up a stubborn resistance for some reason!).  The AP2 are also very good if you want something a little more forgiving.  Also Mizuno MP62 and MP58 are very good, as are Nike VR split cavity.  Those are all forged and I am a little biased because having used forged I wouldn't go to a cast head again. 

I suggest getting out and trying a few, preferably on an open range.  You'll soon find out what you do and don't like.  When you have found the heads you like best, get fitted to make sure the shaft is right and the clubs are setup correctly

user202373
Reply : Tue 10th Aug 2010 22:50

get custom fitted at your local club ,and try i few different irons out m8

user106712
Reply : Tue 10th Aug 2010 23:09

I just got some MP52 irons. almost blade like with some forgiveness. give them a go while you're trying different irons.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top