Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

I have the dreaded....shanks!

Posted by: user326345 | Mon 9th Aug 2010 21:46 | Last Reply

Went to the driving range tonight, did my usual routine. Chipping, bunker work then going to the tee mat, some stretching and warm up. Started off with a pitch wedge, a very nice straight 120 yards hit.. second shot... a SHANK! third shot... a SHANK!

And so on, i couldn't for the love of god figure out what i was doing wrong! My grip was the same, not sure about my swing, it did feel a little different.

Perhaps it's because i'm tired after a long day at work or perhaps i have been playing too much over the past few weeks. I'm so annoyed because i have been doing so good the past few weeks. I have the open championship in 3 weeks and i'm concerned i will be embarassing myself. This is the second or third time this year that i ended up getting the shanks!

Rant over.

re: I have the dreaded....shanks!
user26342
Reply : Mon 9th Aug 2010 22:16

I sympathise mate, I've had them on & off for years. I normally find swinging really relaxed with soft hands helps.

Try this link

re: I have the dreaded....shanks!
user26342
Reply : Mon 9th Aug 2010 22:31

Deffo, I didn't know what I was doing wrong & my pro spotted it straight away. My fault was swinging to flat.

Have a look on you tube, there's loads of tips.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top