Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

New Toy!

Posted by: user293240 | Fri 6th Aug 2010 16:48 | Last Reply

Today saw me waiting anxiously waiting for the postie to arrive so I could try yet another Driver. Said stick arrived and even with all the bubble wrap it was lighter than "the old girl"!

Took it down the range before the wrappings had hit the floor, warmed up with the old one and then set to it. Took about 2 swings to get it so I was happy with the results and then it just went nuts!!!!!! Longer and slightly straighter with less spin than I'm used to, lovely sound and a feeling that was completely different to what I have experienced before!

I was getting the normal fade that I would get with the old driver and fairways (which is due to a swing fault which I havent fixed yet) but, instead of carrying to the 200, everything (apart from a couple of course) was heading comfortably past the 250 before hitting the deck!!!!!!

I've got a lesson booked for Monday to help me get to grips with the nuances of the club (and yes I did the same for my irons) so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens!

Needless to say that the tape came off before I finnished the bucket. It was an emotional moment.

The head is a Maltby KE4 11* with a HOF Patriot shaft (reg flex) and is very good looking when your standing over it! The club was built and sent to me by Ivan who also sent me some very thorough details on the club itself and its care!!!

So Thank you Ivan for a great club, and all your help with it. I look forward to getting to grips with it fully and seeing what the club and I are capable of.

WooHoooo another reason to get out on the course!!!!!

re: New Toy!
user264761 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 6th Aug 2010 16:52

Great news Matt, that handicap will be coming down before you know!

user77012
Reply : Fri 6th Aug 2010 17:07

Yes Matt he does build a nice club and they arrive like they were packed at Harrod's

user77012
Reply : Fri 6th Aug 2010 19:30

It's me that dont like the W W you muppet  

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 6th Aug 2010 21:51

I don't think you could pray long enough over my clubs Ivan.  Although at the range yesterday I did have one satifying event.  They are doing some renovation and they had parked a JCB close to the end of the range just beyond the 250 yard marker (a great target!).  I caught one very sweet strike and as I watched it sail over the top of the JCB on the full, I heard "that sounded good" from behind me.  I turned to see the head pro wandering past me

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top