Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Made my first club this morning !

Posted by: user259181 | Thu 5th Aug 2010 09:30 | Last Reply

I'm the sort of guy that likes to do things myself. I even rip out my cars audio gear and install a full on CarPC with everything. So I knew it wasn't going to be long before I started looking into building my own clubs - not only does it look fun and interesting but also you can get a decent club built for a nice price.

A while a go I bought on ebay for £10 delivered a forged and ported Nike 58deg wedge that was handbuilt and ground by Nomad GolfWRX ....it's only fault was it had a scrape in the sole, I haven't used it much as the loft doesn't fit in my bag.

I recently had a opportunity to by a brand new 56deg head made by Zodia.....this is a Japanese maker of nice hand ground heads by a chap called Chiba-san, one of Japan's top wedge guys. I was able to get this for £40 delivered.....they go for alot more than this retail.

So removed the Nike head and grip from the shaft (with my new puller), spine aligned the shaft with my homemade spinefinder (worked a treat), made some small adjustments to make sure I had a head that reacted in a linear fashion with the shaft, epoxied it on and this morning she was ready

Here's some pics....can't wait to try her out!

Last edit : Thu 5th Aug 2010 09:32
re: Made my first club this morning !
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 5th Aug 2010 13:06

Awesome Lewis.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top