Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golfshake.com Open 2010 Yorshire Qualifier

Posted by: user231725 | Wed 4th Aug 2010 09:16 | Last Reply

Hi All

Are there any plans for a Yorkshire qualifier?  I know that the original event was cancelled due to lack of numbers, but I was wondering if it is likely to be rearranged.

My closest alternatives are the North West and North East events but I can't make either of those dates.

Is there any interest in a Yorkshire Qualifier?

Cheers

Steve

Last edit : Wed 4th Aug 2010 09:46
re: Golfshake.com Open 2010 Yorshire Qualifier
user231725
Reply : Thu 5th Aug 2010 12:00

Hi Barry

Welcome to the site.  I live just south of Huddersfield, where are you?  Perhaps, we should start our own event.

Come on all you Yorkshire golfers.  Don't forget that Yorkshire were the regional winners at last years Golfshake Open, so there's something to defend.

Any more takers.

Steve

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 5th Aug 2010 12:25

Steve,

The only reason that the previous event didn't have the number is because the event clashed with a few things.  As long as you pick somewhere accessible and a decent date I'm sure you will get the numbers.  be aware though the final is four weeks on saturday so you will have to be quick!

As with Santo, if you need any help let me know (I'm organising the West Midlands event)

user231725
Reply : Thu 5th Aug 2010 13:00

Hi Guys

Thanks for the offers of help.

Yes, I was thinking along the same lines, and having a go at organising the event.  However, I don't want to "step on the toes" of the previous organiser.  I'll PM him, and see how he feels.

I must admit, with only 4/5 weeks till the final, it is cutting it a bit fine.

Cheers

Steve

user231725
Reply : Thu 5th Aug 2010 13:41

Hi Santo

Yes, I'm in the process of checking out some venues now.  The majority don't have space at weekends because of the short notice.  I'm thinking that a midweek event may not be too popular -  but it may be the only alternative to paying an arm and a leg for a weekend deal.

Cheers

Steve

Last edit : Thu 5th Aug 2010 13:44
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 5th Aug 2010 14:16

See if you can get a Friday afternoon Steve.  They are generally a bit cheaper than weekends and have better availability.  A lot of people work a half day on a Friday or would take a half day holiday for a long weekend

user115085
Reply : Thu 5th Aug 2010 14:20

could you not speak to Al/Paul about making the CGL Willow valley event in to a qualifier?

user231725
Reply : Thu 5th Aug 2010 14:45

Hi Chris

I did think of that but I'm not sure that WV can accommodate the extra number of players that opening up the event might generate.  The CGL event doesn't start until 14.20, so with 28 players (hopefully) the next potentially available tee time would be around about 15.30.  If you then add another say another 20 golfers they may be coming to the 18th in semi-darkness.

I'll speak to Allan and Paul to get their feelings.  My own personal opinion is that it should be a separate event, but if it means we get a Yorkshire qualifier then all well and good.

Cheers

Steve

Last edit : Thu 5th Aug 2010 14:59

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top