Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Went to the range and....

Posted by: user293240 | Tue 3rd Aug 2010 21:14 | Last Reply

I popped down the range today to have a bit of a swing thinking I'll just have a swift 50 and ended up getting fitted for a Callaway Driver as there was a demo day on and the bloke was really bored and looked like he needed a challenge!

Now I told this bloke about my golf at the moment and what I want to achieve he handed me a Diablo Edge, I had a few swings, and for the first time EVER had balls running onto the giant hump at the back of the range (its very short) in an almost straight way but even my duffs were better than what I would normally get and be happy at.

Now for the techy stuff. I would really appreciate your views on the following cos as you know I'm new to all this stuff

He decided I should have an 11* head, standard length and lie with a regular flex shaft.

He recorded an average swingspeed of 95mph and an average ball speed of 110 mph. Now me. I thought that sounded great, made me feel all manly and butch. How good is that? and should I part with my cash?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top