Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Gutted

Posted by: user124316 | Mon 2nd Aug 2010 10:28 | Last Reply

Feeling a little bit gutted, i have recently carded 6rounds in a row under 80 yet i have only had a -0.2 adjustment to my handicap, i understand this is due to SSS but am still a little disheartened that i feel i am playing really well yet not improving my handicap.

Just thought i would post.

re: Gutted
user16106
Reply : Thu 5th Aug 2010 22:24

Martin

You obviously are playing well to get to 11 hcp, but the courses you are playing 5200 5400 5600 yds are very short and in turn to gain any drop in hcp you have to shoot not much above par. These short courses have holes where you can duff the tee shot and still escape with par if not the odd birdie. I always take 6000yds as the yardstick to a full length course and the sss will usually be around 69-70 so a good score of sub 80 is a good score. When i,m not playing too well I will often play a short track to give a confidence boost, with a nice low 80,s. Never broke 80 yet!!!

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top