Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

A breakthrough round at last

Posted by: user266147 | Thu 22nd Jul 2010 23:09 | Last Reply

I knew there was a good one in there waiting to get out, and finally today it did. shot 5 shots under my best 9 shots under my handicap to break 90 for the first time and card a PB of 85, although I'm still only using my driver sparingly! Was 4 over gross on the way out and had one of those days where it seemed to come together, expecially my putting apart from missing a stupid tap in trying to put out whilst not stepping on someone's line.

My target 18 handicap for this year is looking like a possiblility if I can keep part of this together. Dropped over 3 shots from my handicap on this round. Any idea what my handicap will increase / decrease by per shot under / over now?

re: A breakthrough round at last
user24437
Reply : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 00:43

Well done Matt, it's those little milestones that keep us all going.  No idea which way your handicap will go from here, but (and I'm talking from experience here) try and hold off the suicidal thoughts if you go out next time, all fired up and confident and then shoot a 100+ mare!  But, you know in yourself you can do it again, and you will, and then it'll be a sub 80, and a 90 will seem like a fail, and then...etc, etc.

That's the pleasure and pain of this game, and unfortunately the better you get the harder it is to suffer the failure 

re: A breakthrough round at last
user41897
Reply : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 10:00

Great stuff Matt. Keep it up.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top