Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Another Ruling Question!!!!

Posted by: user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Thu 22nd Jul 2010 23:01 | Last Reply

OK, this nearly happened to me the other day and it got me thinking "what would the ruling be?"

The course I was playing is doing some work on one of the holes (remodelling the tee boxes, narrowing the fairway and some landscaping).  I pushed my ball right off the tee, saw the flight and saw the ball come down in an area clearly marked as GUR.  This area is being landscaped and at the time was cut up like a ploughed field.  I went in to look for my ball and after giving up I luckily stumbled on it as I walked out of the GUR area.  

Now I know the ruling is to take free relief not nearer the pin, but what if you can't find your original ball, being absolutly certain it went into the GUR?  Is it the long walk back for stroke and distance or can you play another ball if you are "virtually certain" that your ball is in the marked area?  And what do you do if you cannot get into this area to recover your original ball?  Answers on a postcard (or this thread).

re: Another Ruling Question!!!!
user16163
Reply : Thu 22nd Jul 2010 23:14

Chris

this is something that is in effect at grassmoor golf club nr chesterfield, at the side of the fairways where the improvement is taking place there is little notices explaining the "local rule" that it is GUR and free relief  is in effect even if you cannot locate your ball but are certain it is within the GUR area

admittedly this is just a local rule

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top