Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Courses near the Belfry

Posted by: user28838 | Thu 22nd Jul 2010 18:39 | Last Reply

Myself and a couple of mates are playing the Belfry on the afternoons of the weekend of 7 & 8 August.

As we are gluttons for punishment we are looking to play somewhere nearby on the mornings - anyone out there have any recommendations/suggestions?

Any information would be helpful (prices, ease of getting a game on a Saturday and Sunday morning, etc).

Last edit : Thu 22nd Jul 2010 18:41
re: Courses near the Belfry
user41192
Reply : Thu 22nd Jul 2010 19:07

No suggestions but are you playing the Brabazon?

user41192
Reply : Thu 22nd Jul 2010 19:08

No suggestions but are you playing the Brabazon?

user24437
Reply : Thu 22nd Jul 2010 20:42

Sure one of the locals will come along soon - West Midlands is a nice little track, not too energetic and a cracking 18th

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 22nd Jul 2010 22:17

Wishaw is about 10 minutes away, a great course and reasonably priced.  Forest of Arden is about 25 minutes away but quite pricey.  West Midlands GC is about 25 minutes away too and a good track ata decent price. 

I would recommend playing Wishaw one day and West Midlands GC the other

user26342
Reply : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 14:09

Also Lichfield Golf, Maxstoke & Little Aston are all pretty good.

user28838
Reply : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 20:21

John C - not sure if we are playing the Brabazon yet - one of the other lads is sorting out the Belfry through his corporate side of work. I've got the job of looking for other courses.

Others - thanks I will check out the courses mentioned. Any other suggestions most welcome.

user52922
Reply : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 20:37

Little Aston is more than just pretty good. It has held the Brabazon Trophy. Copt Heath is another excellent course.

In fact both of these courses are much better than the Belfry.

user28838
Reply : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 21:56

West Midlands looks a good bet. I notice that it seems to have some link to Widney Manor. Has anyone played that course and, if so, is it any good?

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 22:04

They are sister courses, owned by the same people.  I've played both several times.  My advice is don't bother with Widney Manor.  Not a bad course but not a brilliant one.  There are much better courses in the area for the same price. 

Any of the ones mentioned by myself or the two Johns are probably your best bet and all within 30 minutes

user69191
Reply : Sat 24th Jul 2010 11:37

Have to agree with Wishaw, nice course, and possibly The Warwickshire, in between Kenilworth and Warwick. It was built with the Ryder cup in mind. I'd recommend The Earls course.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top