Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

mansfield woodhouse golf course

Posted by: user320351 | Wed 21st Jul 2010 17:15 | Last Reply

Do not use this course. I always used to go to this course regular and after going today with my 2 kids and a family friend I was turned away because of having minors with me.  If the manager of the course explained that they couldn't walk around with 2 adults because of fear of being hit it would been ok. Instead his words were are they hiring clubs. My kids are 6 and 8. I was then told to take them for a game of football. I replied that they wanted to come to a golf course and I would have to disappoint them. All i got back was take them to the driving range instead.

In the end we did go up to jack barkers golf course or mansfield family golf centre where may i add the price for 18 holes is cheaper than woodhouse golf club if booked on line. When I asked if my kids could walk around with me I was told that it would be fine as long as they  did not mess about on the greens and that they were (as they should be) my responsibility.

I thought golf was supposed to becoming less elitist and for all to enjoy.

Has anybody else had problems like this on courses as i intend to start playing regular and further affield then mansfield. And if anything do not play woodhouse there are cheaper and far superior courses than this and most of all the staff won't be so arrogant 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top