Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Loss of form

Posted by: user238352 | Mon 19th Jul 2010 21:57 | Last Reply

Does anyone have any idea why i'd play some excellent golf last year, had plenty of practice this year, yet can't hit a ball for toffee.  As far as im aware my swing is still the same, yet im struggling to hit the ball straight.  When I do have a resonably good round my putting is terrible.  I play cack-handed and would appreciate any tips as to why this year I am pulling alot of my drives left.  Also any iron below a 5 I have a tendency to pull left, your help would be much appreciated.  It's not so much a confidence thing, perhaps with the putting, but I always approach a course I play often, try my best but I seem to hit 1 good shot, 3 bad .  Would changing my stance help?

re: Loss of form
user77012
Reply : Mon 19th Jul 2010 22:13

Hi Kenny, quite a bit going on there a video posted up would help us to analyze.I would also suggest you could visit our  resedient teaching Pro Steve Cowle who is not that far from you in Binsted, Hampshire. Good luck.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 27th Jul 2010 22:02

Hi Kenny.

I've been suffering with the same thing; no rhythm, timing out, topping, slicing (normal shot shape is a draw), poor short game, the lot.  It's an awful feeling.  However, I went out after work tonight, didn't feel like I was doing anything different and it all (apart from the putting) clicked back into place and shot a personal best 82. 

Don't give up hope.  As they say about footballers, form is temporary

user16106
Reply : Sat 31st Jul 2010 21:29

Kenny

Nice easy confidence booster course ( falconwood ) tommorow, but remember to bring your putter this time.

8AM sharp.

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

Last edit : Sat 31st Jul 2010 22:00
user77012
Reply : Sat 31st Jul 2010 21:35

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top