Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Get in the hole/Ian Poulter

Posted by: user318851 | Sat 17th Jul 2010 12:13 | Last Reply

It is so nice this week watching the open from St Andrews - Especially when you have no spectators shouting - GET IN THE HOLE, as we are true golfing fans.

Even at the Masters this year, some fans were shouting out - get in the hole - as soon as a player hit his tee shot.  On the USPGA Tour fans seem to be shouting this out it seems on every tee, even more ridiculously when players are teeing off on par - 5 holes.

When are they going to ban these idiots???? It puts me off watching golf from the US.

Imagine what would happen if Tennis fans started shouting out while players were serving at Wimbledon.

This is another reason why our Open Championship is so special and great to watch.

Would anybody give me there views on this subject.

Last edit : Sun 18th Jul 2010 10:47
re: Get in the hole/Ian Poulter
user235379
Reply : Sat 17th Jul 2010 12:23

i agree, it's so American, it's just so they can hear themselves on tv whilst watching the highlights

this may or may not be true*

Last edit : Sat 17th Jul 2010 12:24
user235379
Reply : Sat 17th Jul 2010 15:26

it's a civilized game i think we should treat it as such

user306449
Reply : Sat 17th Jul 2010 17:27

Got to be honest with you but have heard it quite a lot at St Andrews. Not so much off the tee but from fairway shots. I totally agree when teeing off from a par 5 shouting that is absolutely ridiculous.

user77012
Reply : Sat 17th Jul 2010 21:53

This is the reason cousins should never marry!

user235379
Reply : Sun 18th Jul 2010 14:49

i have never taken to the jumped up tosser

he's a slimmer version of Monty

i mean no disrspect

user235379
Reply : Sun 18th Jul 2010 14:52

from bt internet

The world number eight reacted when a member of the crowd hurled abuse at him following a disappointing third round at the home of golf.

Poulter muttered a response under his breath before a security guard stepped in and eventually told him to 'roll his sleeves up and settle this here and now'.

"Just because the guy's got a blazer on, he doesn't have to be a p***k," Poulter was quoted as saying by the News Of The World.

He added: "I was on my way back to the players' area when I heard this comment that was out of order. It was inappropriate, personal.

"And then this guy stopped me getting through and said something to me and it went from there.

"I said to him he shouldn't be getting involved with the players. His job is to control the crowd.

"He stepped right up to me and I said, 'Listen, I suggest you move away'.

"He said, 'Excuse me, you're in my personal space and I suggest you move back or else' - which I took great offence to.

"A bloke in a blue jacket and stripey blue tie shouldn't be saying that to me - or giving me an ear-bashing so I asked him to move and disappear and he didn't like it.

"This guy is the one with the problem.

"Why should he be harassing a player? I was annoyed. It's out of order.

"But it's all done now and it's gone no further and I'm not going to make a complaint. I'm talking to you to clear things up in case you had seen a rumble and wanted to know what happened."

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 18th Jul 2010 14:56

How things have changed.

The Locker Room at an Open used to be PLAYERS ONLY and the only place they were away from the Public Eye. I have heard many things said in Locker Rooms and that is where it should stay.

What next, the Media putting hidden Mic's in there to get some juicy comments.

TheLyth

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top