Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Natalie Gulbis - Swing

Posted by: user318851 | Fri 16th Jul 2010 10:00 | Last Reply

To learn how to swing the club like a top lady golfer, hit the ball with distance and no extreme effort - have a look at the Swing sequence of Natalie Gulbis.

Look at the magazine online  -   www.swingimage.co.uk

Click cover or click swing sequences at top of home page.

Last edit : Sat 17th Jul 2010 20:18
re: Natalie Gulbis - Swing
user52922
Reply : Wed 4th Aug 2010 22:19

Chris, it is impossible to get into the top of the swing position she has in picture three, without cocking her wrists.

She has an old school swing, the last thing one does on the way up is cock the wrists and the last thing one does on the downswing is uncock the wrists. This is how I learnt to play and did so for most of my playing career.

Last edit : Fri 6th Aug 2010 11:30
user52922
Reply : Wed 4th Aug 2010 23:17

There is nothing wrong in the old style method, I used to be what you are calling across the line when in actual fact the head is pointing right of target, but that brings the club down on the iside plane.

They teach the game differently today, but that method is as sound today as it was when I used it. Her winnings prove that and my Scratch handicap also confirmed that it wasn't a bad method.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 4th Aug 2010 23:50

Bit presumptuous to think you would be a better coach for her than Butch Christopher.  I think his credentials may be a touch better than yours

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 5th Aug 2010 01:22

To be critical, in the 3rd picture her right shoulder is lower than it should be in relation to her left shoulder. This will result in the 'dip' because she is not swinger her shoulders on the ideal plane. It is for the same reason she ends up with the club aiming right.

TheLyth

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 5th Aug 2010 13:06

Chris what is it with you and Natalie  just seen your updated avatar

user77012
Reply : Thu 5th Aug 2010 16:10

Chris has become her official stalker Darren I read it on twiitter!

Paula Creemer is as bad with her swing aa we know and she has serious injury problems too.

user77012
Reply : Fri 6th Aug 2010 09:11

Chris , just my humour bud you've read enough of my posts to no that, no offense meant,besides you have'nt got exclusive rights on writing humourous posts I too am a big Natalie fan and I'm glad she has been an insperation to you as we all need someone to aspire to.Personally she has help me on a few lonely nights .

Ivan, guilty as charged I'm trying to think of a suitable punishment

Forgot you were Vegan buddy so sorry for the mcD's comment.

Last edit : Fri 6th Aug 2010 09:12
user52922
Reply : Fri 6th Aug 2010 11:15

For some apparent reason this thread is sending me an email everytine someone posts. I have gone to where the email says that I can get rid of them but it seems that I am having no luck. Why is it only on this thread.

user52922
Reply : Fri 6th Aug 2010 11:31

Thanks Matt, for some reason the little box was ticked, I am innocent of course.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top