Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

iPhone App Update

Posted by: user278912 | Sun 11th Jul 2010 07:00 | Last Reply

Hi Chaps

I have been using the GolfCard iPhone App for the last 6 months, which has been pretty good especially in terms of being able to mark up new courses. But they have now apparently ceased to recognise UK handicaps with their alignment to USHandicap.com. And there are now also extra costs involved.

I shall now be looking at other options - I already have Golfshot on the iPhone so will give that another try.

I noticed that your recent survey was collecting views on the use of mobile data uploads. Where do you see golfshake.com going with iPhone Apps and other similar devices?

regards

Norman 

re: iPhone App Update
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 19th Jul 2010 09:26

Norman, poss still a month or 2 away but likely we will have some sort of app/link up/or affiliation by the end of the Summer.

Regards, Darren.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 19th Jul 2010 15:15

Norman if you want to do any auto syncing/importing in the meantime then just let me know.

It's an interesting subject and our recent stats show that only a small % of smartphone users would actually track scores on the course.  Do you do yours as you play or once back in the club house ? 

regards, darren.

user227822
Reply : Wed 25th Jul 2012 15:42

Darren is there any news of this app as yet?

user451055
Reply : Thu 26th Jul 2012 09:41

I don't know how you find time to put your shots in during a round. I have a skycaddy which has an option to put in your shots as you go but the only time I tried it I found it took way too long. Even though it was just a practice round I couldn't find the time between shots and it ruined the flow of the round and in the end just stopped using it.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 26th Jul 2012 10:08

Hi Richard, I'm working out what we do exactly but are slowly testing out some mobile functionality.

You can see the early version, mainly course related, via this link

http://m.golfshake.com

Usability and simplicity will be the key with any mobile app we release plus mindful of issues around slow play and actual use in competitive golf!

user128603
Reply : Mon 10th Dec 2012 18:10

We have just launched our app for Whitehill Golf - Get it free from the app stores just search for Whitehill Golf

user26342
Reply : Mon 10th Dec 2012 21:49

Norman, Not sure if your aware but phone gps apps are not allowed during competitive rounds. John

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top