Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Caring for Golf Shoes!!!!

Posted by: user10367 | Tue 6th Jul 2010 21:51 | Last Reply

Just wondering how many of you care for your shoes and do you clean & wax them after every game or every now and then???

Do you clean them correctly?

Do you dry them correctly (in wet weather)?

Or do you just wear them til they fall apart, and with that in mind how long do your shoes last you?

re: Caring for Golf Shoes!!!!
user25349
Reply : Tue 6th Jul 2010 22:37

Erm....

Well, I'm awful! Usually wear them til dirty, then give them a rub over before my next round, usually the night before! I have a pair of white ones which have brown stains on them but have rather desperately tried trainer whitener to hide them.. Its getting there, just gotta keep on top of it!!

Oh, and because of my laziness, regardless of the conditions I have just played in, they go straight into the shoe bag and end up stinking!!

Last edit : Tue 6th Jul 2010 22:37
user24437
Reply : Tue 6th Jul 2010 22:50

I've got two pairs of identical shoes that I use alternately - the pair I've just worn get brushed off when I get home* (usually), dried if necessary and rubbed down with a bit of wax if they've been wet.  Cleats checked and replaced if needed.  The other pair go straight in the shoe bag for the next round.  Seems to wear better and last longer than two pairs if worn to destruction do.

* Force of habit really, had to do it with my football boots when I were a lad because they had to last**, they don't bloody grow on trees lad.....etc 

** And before you ask, aye, we lived in shoe box in't middle of road, had to get up 2 hours before we went to bed and walk 45 miles t' pit when I were 5. 

user131525
Reply : Wed 7th Jul 2010 06:40

You're supposed to clean your golf shoes???

user50354
Reply : Wed 7th Jul 2010 08:28

I polish mine but not waxed them - get two year out of them...

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top