Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Rebuild swing now or in winter?

Posted by: user236642 | Mon 28th Jun 2010 13:50 | Last Reply

In the last few weeks i have felt myself improving, had a great round knocking 2 shots off my handicap to 22 had a couple of 9 holes after that and felt like something big was going to happen soon.

It did - my worst round in two years first time i've gone round 18 without a single par!

shooting a 105 on a course i hit a 92 two weeks earlier! i lost a bit of confidence so have not picked up a club since last wednesday until today, went to the range and tried a couple of things out ( i had no particuler disaters in my shocking round it was just general bad play, missing fairways and miles away from greens, the ball going left very quickly off the club face)

So i tried something on the range today that i have been told for over a year to do and in failing to this would hamper my progress. i twisted my left hand around the club more to straigthen my left arm - not comfortable at all! but the ball seemed to be going straighter if not a little shorter. it felt horrible but seemed to improve my hold on the club.

now , am i panicking is this a silly thing to do off the back of 1 awful round? should i do it now or wait till the winter to impliment, should i drop the whole thing, and should i do this on the say so of a player not much better then myself?

sorry to go on but this has left me confused stumped and frankly annoyed!!!

re: Rebuild swing now or in winter?
user236642
Reply : Tue 29th Jun 2010 09:06

Thanks Guys,

Steve, i was actually reading your website last night to check that what i was doing was correct and it did seem that this is a change i need to make, just looking in the mirror at the range it looked more like a real golfer does.

I also checked the actual grip i impliment, i use the interlock so was thinking of changing this to the vardon as your website recommends, i always thought that the interlock was the most popular.

Is this a wise move aswell or am i trying to change 2 much?

just out of interest which grip do other users of this site tend to use?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top