Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Arthroscopy of the knee

Posted by: user259247 | Thu 24th Jun 2010 13:30 | Last Reply

Anyone had one, and if so, how long was it before you were hitting golf balls again ?

The reason I ask is that I had one 10 days ago and had some cartlidge removed. I thought I would be hitting some by now, or at least on the range, but I'm nowhere near and my leg is still puple and yellow from the knee down.

re: Arthroscopy of the knee
user26342
Reply : Thu 24th Jun 2010 13:37

Phil,

I've had 4 done! Each time it was about 6-7 weeks before I could put proper pressure on it again.

user24437
Reply : Thu 24th Jun 2010 13:47

That's a 'how long is a piece of string' question Phil.  I've had a couple of those procedures on both my knees and the recovery time varied a bit, but nowhere near as long as it took to get over the older slice 'em open operation I initially had.  The latter took about 8 weeks before I could play football again, although I was very, very fit then.  The last non-invasive one I had I was back training a couple of days later!  On the other hand a friend of mine had what was thought to be some minor work just after Christmas and he is still suffering (although he's pretty unfit and overweight).   It sounds like it's probably just the swelling and bruising that's preventing you at the moment, the usual ice pack and anti-inflammatory's should ease it as well as light exercise.  Don't rush it though, they've got to last you a while...     

user26342
Reply : Thu 24th Jun 2010 13:48

Wayne,

had my left done 3 times & right once, each time was for a different ailment!

user24437
Reply : Thu 24th Jun 2010 14:10

Something must have rubbed off Phil, because the last couple of rounds I've had I lost the ability to hit mine off the deck completely...

user106712
Reply : Thu 24th Jun 2010 18:28

I had one done in March. I had some cartilidge removed and the bones cleaned as I also have osteoarthritis in it. this is the second operation on that knee. I played a full round of golf 5 days later. I found the more I walked the quicker it healed.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top