Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Sad News

Posted by: user264761 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Thu 24th Jun 2010 12:02 | Last Reply

Unfortunatly the great Seve has had to pull out of this year British Open on medical grounds.

The Open at St Andrews was going to be his swan song in professional golf.

We wish him well!

re: Sad News
user77012
Reply : Thu 24th Jun 2010 18:17

A true story or myth I'm not quite sure.

Seve was playing at a Pro Am at St Pierre and was partnered by Welsh comic /Singer Max Boyce and Max was delighted to be playing with Seve, The story goes that Max was having a mare especially with his wedges. He looked in Seve's bag and noticed that his wedges were all filed down Max asked why they were like this .Seve explained that they enabled him to play a variety of shots from different lies with the differrent grinds,Max told Seve that his wedges were Seve Slazengers. After the round Seve took the wedges out of Max's bag and asked Max to follow him. He took him into the pro's workshop and began filing away at a wedge.Max was amazed that Seve would take the time to work on his wedges. Max asked "will I be able to play shots like you now Seve?" , "No no" he replied" Max said "why are puting special grinds on there for?" Seve replied "I'M NOT I'M FILING MY NAME OFF!!!"

I would so love that to be true.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top