Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Joy, Disappointment & Handicap

Posted by: user124316 | Mon 21st Jun 2010 10:25 | Last Reply

Well firstly the joy, i played 18holes on saturday with my new driver and shot a personal best 78 which was 9over, hit the driver really well nice and straight and long which impressed me no end, especially after last weeks debate over adjustable headed drivers, and i must admit John, Wayne and quite a few others were correct, i worked hard on getting the correct swing and now the hard work has paid off, its nice and straight. I still think the driver is a bargin at only £99 its really long and very forgiving, defiantly an improvement on my old Taylor Made R7.

However after carding my best score, entering my score on to here my handicap stayed exactly the same (11.6) gutted would descibe exactly how i feel right now.

My question how many rounds would i need to play under my handicap to get down from 11.6 to 9.9?????

re: Joy, Disappointment & Handicap
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 21st Jun 2010 12:23

Martin,

A quick check shows the course has a SSS of 64 and you had a Nett 65 so no Hcp change.

To answer your question, you will drop 0.2 per shot under the SSS of 64, so a 75 will get you to 11hcp (11.4) and you then need to score better than that each time you play. Gross 74's is 10hcp so five of those will get you to that, but nothing more than 76's must go with them.

TheLyth

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top