Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Skycaddie SGX now replaced...

Posted by: user278729 | Sat 19th Jun 2010 18:26 | Last Reply

Bought my eagerly anticipated Skycaddie SGX for £299 plus the £29.99 for annual maps on Thursday (two days ago).

Used it yesterday - all fine.

Used it today and it lost signal at start of round and has never recovered.  Done some research on Skygolf's (Skycaddie manufacturer) own website forums and it seems this has been a problematic unit with others experiencing lots of similar problems. Apparently software issues have plagued the unit.

Waiting to phone Skygolf on Monday morning.

Also disappointed with what seems to be over-hyped features. Will probably end up getting a refund and purchasing another less expensive unit that actually works.

Any recommendations??

Andy 

Last edit : Tue 22nd Jun 2010 17:45
re: Skycaddie SGX now replaced...
user278729
Reply : Sun 20th Jun 2010 09:36

Thanks Christopher. It's heartening to know that there are some working units out there.

The Skygolf forums do show there are a number of issues at the moment with the unit.  I did download St Andrews golf courses to see the new holevue features and it looks quite good in demo mode. Oh to play St Andrews!!

Have reset loads of times, wiped, resinstalled, etc.  All does nothing. It seems that quite a few people have their unit replaced by Skygolf. Don't know whether there are chipset reliability/consistency issues with this particular model at the moment.

I will stick with it but would like it soft-fixed or replaced by Tuesday. I will update this thread with my progress!

Andy 

user278729
Reply : Tue 22nd Jun 2010 17:47

Well I had to leave a few messages but eventually after a few hours, Skygolf did get back to me and they arranged for me to swap the unit straight over at my local retailer.

I did that this morning and I will be seeing if this unit last longer than the first....

All in all though, good service so far from Skygolf.

Andy 

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 22nd Jun 2010 18:51

I broke the belt clip that was supplied with my SkyCaddie.

Telephone the support line and they posted one out to me with a week, no charge!

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top