Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Advice on attending the Open...

Posted by: user310568 | Fri 11th Jun 2010 16:49 | Last Reply
                              I plan to travel from America to attend this year&#39;s Open at St. Andrews.&nbsp; I am looking for any general advice I can get while there.&nbsp; Things such as where to purchase tickets, traffic issues and best mode of transportation to get to St. Andrews (not sure where I will be staying yet as everything in Fife seems to be booked), do I need to purchase a train ticket in adance, where the best locations are on the course to watch the golf, etc.&nbsp; Anything anyone can toss out, I would be most appreciative!!&nbsp; Thanks in advance! <p>Tim</p>                                         
re: Advice on attending the Open...
user250721
Reply : Fri 11th Jun 2010 19:22

Its in Scottland so bring your rain coat! ;-)

re: Advice on attending the Open...
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 11th Jun 2010 20:44

Tim,

There will be  a number of ways to get to the course, it all depends on where you get to stay. Dundee still has some accomodation and buses will most likely be run from there.

You will be kept on the outside of the course, no spectators are allowed inside due to the nature of the lay-out. You could position yourself in a number of places and watch the players going out and coming home from the same location. A popular spot is by the 1st Green armed with Binoculars, then you can watch 1, 2, 16, 17 & 18 from the one spot.

Also don't plan anything important for the evenings, getting out of St. Andrews can be a problem.

To get tickets, visit The R&A website and click on Open Championship Tickets.

TheLyth

Last edit : Fri 11th Jun 2010 20:48

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top