Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Greensomes

Posted by: user50843 | Tue 8th Jun 2010 21:45 | Last Reply

Got a pairs Greensome game this Sunday, never played it before, I know we both tee off and use one ball alternate shot from there. Anything else I need to know... 

re: Greensomes
user50657
Reply : Tue 8th Jun 2010 22:01

Tony, you need to put the little white ball into the hole in as few a shots as possible, just as well Robbie will be there to carry you through.

By the way how did you's get on at Woodham, I finished with 31 points which isn't bad considering how badly I've been playing this year.

user77012
Reply : Tue 8th Jun 2010 22:05

If you know your partners gametry and  play to each others strengths. Say he is a better putter than you and both tee shots are in good positions you go for the green . If one of you bombs drives  the other one makes sure he finds the fairway with a safe shot.It can be a difficult format but most of all no sorry's to each other , it's not like you intensionally played a bad shot, Have a good one and play well Tony.

user50354
Reply : Wed 9th Jun 2010 08:45

What if on a par 3 we both hit tee shots into water, we identify Tony's so thats the ball to play.

Now, would I take a drop then hit the ball or would I take the drop then let Tony hit the ball.      

Also, if Tony putts out do I tee off 1st on next tee or dont that matter.       

user50843
Reply : Wed 9th Jun 2010 22:08

Cheers fella's. So what is the penalty for Wayne's scenario, not that it will happen but it would be good to know just in case. Hello Graham, good day at Woodham, great course I ended up with 32 points and Rob, well, didn't do too well

user50354
Reply : Thu 10th Jun 2010 08:39

Okay Graham/Tony my round was just a tad off colour thats all.....

I was just sussing the course out for this Saturdays county pairs anyway ...

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 10th Jun 2010 11:43

The penalty is two strokes and the ball MUST be replaced. The only good thing is the shot played out of turn is cancelled.

TheLyth

user50354
Reply : Thu 10th Jun 2010 11:52

Only rubbish on the back 17 Wayne - I parred the 1st....

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top