Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

driver tips

Posted by: user306209 | Mon 7th Jun 2010 17:25 | Last Reply

y does my driver start str8 then go right . any tips to sort this out all views welcome

re: driver tips
user217280
Reply : Mon 7th Jun 2010 17:37

I am presuming you are right handed so right means a slice. I would suggest that your clubface is open at impact meaning it is pointing to the right, normally the ball will start on the line of your swing path so if it starts straight that is probably ok, but the ball will then go where the face is pointing, suggesting that it is open at impact. 

re: driver tips
user278729
Reply : Wed 9th Jun 2010 17:48

Gary

You play off a lower handicap than me and it's not for me to talk about your golf swing! However, just thought I would share my recent slicing issue.....

Had wrong technique. I needed to more more weight on my right side, be further back, have club shaft leaning further back (pointing a bit more to my right). Other big thing was to aim to hit the ball 4 to 6 inches behind the ball. This helps me release the club with my wrists and follow through better. All of this has meant I am hitting the ball really good length and straight most shots. I think this is because I now get the club face square in time for impact with the ball.  Not saying this is anything to do with your temporary issue - just talking through resolving my little drama!

Good luck with your driving.

Andy 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top