Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Which cart bag?????

Posted by: user278729 | Tue 1st Jun 2010 19:22 | Last Reply

All

What with the other thread talking about stand bags - thought I might pick some brains re cart bags... (I know big John P is a fan of them - please don't flame me!).

I'm using a Mizuno stand bag on my push/pull trolley. It fits okay but doesn't have the 14-way divider or quite roomy enough pockets.  I quite like the sound of one of those seperate outside putter sleeve/pockets.  Any suggestions on models to look at?

Thanks in advance. 

Andy 

Last edit : Tue 1st Jun 2010 19:23
re: Which cart bag?????
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 1st Jun 2010 19:34

I use a Mizuno Neo.  Very roomy pockets, well laid out, 14 way kabuki dividers, but alas no external putter well

Titleist RC09 gets very good reviews

user52922
Reply : Tue 1st Jun 2010 19:40

As it happpens, Andy I am very much a fan of my Powacaddy cart bag which I have had for some time now. Plenty of pocket space for everything, yes, even the kitchen sink. Full dividers and outside putter slot plus space for wet umbrella. It fits very nicely on the buggy.

Last edit : Tue 1st Jun 2010 20:20
user77012
Reply : Tue 1st Jun 2010 19:54

Sun mountain again

user278729
Reply : Tue 1st Jun 2010 19:55

Chirs - I'll look at the Titleist RC09.

John - saw your thing about carrying and getting round the course without delay :-)  I like carrying sometimes but my back prefers me not too. Never slow play though. I had the worst experience the other day - never been behind two such slow players!!! Painful.

Anyway - is there a specific model you recommend? A friend of mine seems to have a nice Powercaddy bag.... I have the Powercaddy push/pull twin-line 3 trolley. Very impressed with Powercaddy's service when I lost a strap - they sent me a whole top assembly free of charge in the post immediately!!!

Andy 

Last edit : Tue 1st Jun 2010 20:09
user40826
Reply : Tue 1st Jun 2010 20:04

Titleist RC09 gets very good reviews

Gets my vote everytime - superb cart bag! 

user249902
Reply : Wed 2nd Jun 2010 10:55

powerkaddy,

plenty of storage, plus it came with the freeway I bought second hand

user278729
Reply : Wed 2nd Jun 2010 11:00

Must admit the Powerkaddy deluxe III is looking good.  £100 seems fairly reasonable. I had been concerned about the weight of the bags but unless I am wrong in what I've read, they don't seem to be too much heavier than the carry bags (before adding the kitchen sink that is!).

Will pop down to my local shop to have a look. They always match internet prices so no worries re comparative VFM either.

Appreciate all the input. 

user127691
Reply : Wed 2nd Jun 2010 15:50

I had a titleist RC09 blue and white version it was the best looking bag you could ask for but it was the biggest pile of crap i have ever brought lasted no more than 4 months with max once a week use.

Just a few of the issues i had I have listed below.

1.The side pockets were tiny couldn't fit anything in.

2. All the stitching came undone on the sides

3. The dividers were 14 way at the top with about 2 full length dividers in side which didn't help with getting the clubs in and out.

4. The dividers at the top had a fabric cover like most dividers but the holes were made very small so they could accomodate a brolly chute so it was difficult to get the grips out of so untill in the end all the fabric ended up pullig off.

I think they have resolved point 4 by using a rubber top to the dividers on the new model but still pretty poor, must say though Titleist were great they gave me a full refund with out any fuss so that was a good point.

A friend of mine has a ping carry bag and that is really good has th 14 way dividers, seperate puter chute and twicw=e as much space in the pockets as you get in the titleist.

user278729
Reply : Wed 2nd Jun 2010 18:33

Popped down my local shop this afternoon. No Powerkaddy Deluxe III's in stock. Saw the Sun Mountains which look quite nice (the owner is dead keen on the waterproof H2NO).  I've opted to wait until the Powekaddy comes in so I can look at that. It does sounds nice.....

Andy 

user38216
Reply : Wed 2nd Jun 2010 20:28

Powakaddy all day long. I bought mine s/h a couple of years back and its still going strong, used at least twice a weak and no major wear.

user26342
Reply : Thu 3rd Jun 2010 14:13

Sun Mountain again. I currently have the C130 but thinking about upgrading to the H20 model (which I have in the carry version).

user110954
Reply : Thu 3rd Jun 2010 14:24

Hi Andy, you say you are using a powakaddy trolley, my advice would be to get yourself a powakaddy bag also.

My main reason for saying this is that the bag is slotted on the bottom to sit straight on the cart without it twisting or sliding off unlike others that require extra straps to keep them on the cart.

user278729
Reply : Thu 3rd Jun 2010 16:40

Thanks Wayne.  I think the twinline 3 push/pull is pretty good with most bags but I had been thinking that probably the best fit will be a Powerkaddy bag for obvious reasons. Hopefully next week the Powerkaddy bags will be in and I can compare the Sun Mountain's alongside the Powerkaddy ones.   Whatever I go for, it's going to be better that the Mizuno Twister, which although an okay light-weight carry bag, it doesn't have the 14-way dividers or the outside putter pocket. Also, a propoer cart-bag will fit better on a trolley anyway.  I bought a Nike Sasquatch carry bag for my wife, but that fits even worse on a trolley as the legs go right up to the top. Looking forward to getting a new bag......

Andy 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top