Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

what carry bag do you use?

Posted by: user119312 | Tue 1st Jun 2010 14:36 | Last Reply

what carry/stand bag do you use?

re: what carry bag do you use?
user289859
Reply : Tue 1st Jun 2010 15:14

I use a Cobra 2009 Staff bag. Bought it recently with a push/pull trolley. Much better than carrying in my opinion

user77012
Reply : Tue 1st Jun 2010 15:39

Sun Mountain Lite, don't know you're carrying it

Last edit : Tue 1st Jun 2010 15:39
user24437
Reply : Tue 1st Jun 2010 15:46

Nike Sasquatch Tour - great bag, really comfortable but appears to fall to bits at the drop of a hat - I'm on my 3rd in just over a year, all replaced free under warranty but all have failed in the same place.  Shame really.  Will keep replacing it until one lasts for a couple of years....

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 1st Jun 2010 16:31

Also have a Nike Sasquatch Tour (Tim copied me!) but I only really use it in the winter.  No sign of faulty stitching yet, must be Hawkins being heavy handed

user24437
Reply : Tue 1st Jun 2010 17:22

The stitching comes apart where the lower inner mounting strap meets the bag Lewis.  Almost everyone I've seen has it to some extent, depends on usage I suppose, but never fear, they come with a years warranty so when (or if) it goes just get in touch with who you purchased it from and get a replacement.  Presumably they'll keep replacing mine until they update it....

The automatic leg operating mechanism fell apart on the last one as well but that may have been partly my fault... 

user278729
Reply : Tue 1st Jun 2010 19:19

Hey Tim

I have one of those Nike Sasquatch Tour bags but haven't really used it too much yet. I've been using a Mizuno something or other, which is good to carry and also fits better on a trolley. The Nike legs go all the way up (makes it sounds sexy!?!) and makes it a less comfy option for sticking on a trolley...

Andy  

user115085
Reply : Tue 1st Jun 2010 21:38

I'm another SQ user and I like the divider, straps and ball/cooler pockets but the one issue I have is that the clothing pocket is rather tight and when you put a jumper and waterproof top in it the pockets on the outside become stupidly tight...not great for getting tees etc out.

Prior to that I had a Mizuno twister which was the complete opposite...plenty of pocket space but the divider system was pants and the stand snapped when I fell over on the ice at Ramsdale in the winter.

Best bag I've owned? Probably a sun mountain.

user249845
Reply : Tue 1st Jun 2010 22:53

I have a Nike extreme sport 2. Seems pretty well built but all the grips on the clubs snag around each other when trying to put a club back in, very annoying, and always seems to happen after hitting a terrible shot!

Also, the stand doesnt always fold when I lift the bag, which usually follows what I have described above.......

user26342
Reply : Wed 2nd Jun 2010 00:36

Sun Mountain H20, don't know you've got it on but I only carry in the winter.

user249902
Reply : Wed 2nd Jun 2010 10:51

sun mountain 3.5

only regret is getting a white one

Last edit : Wed 2nd Jun 2010 10:53
user38216
Reply : Wed 2nd Jun 2010 20:31

Taylormade R7, had it years and it still looks brand new but I only use it about twice a year!!! Lazy trolley and cart bag user and proud of it!!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top