Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

GOCART TROLLEY

Posted by: user306674 | Mon 31st May 2010 10:49 | Last Reply

HELLO

this is my first post,as i have only joined in the last few days.My question is i suppose very silly really but, i have just bought a powacaddy golf bag with a view to getting a powacaddy s3 electric trolley,however having read a few reviews i find that powacaddy are not all that they re made out to be.i have just found out on this site that GOCART seem very good and they have  a excellent review,so would my powacaddy golf bag fit a GOCART electric trolley any help would be very much appreciated,i hope this post is where it is supposed to be,if not please accept my apologies.

regards tony 

re: GOCART TROLLEY
user52922
Reply : Mon 31st May 2010 11:08

Unless you are disabled,  I would suggest that you buy a lightweight carry bag and don't join the herd that wishes to go around in 4/5 hours.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 31st May 2010 11:37

Out the wrong side of the bed this morning John?  Not very welcoming or helpful response to someone's first post. 

Welcome Tony.  I believe the Go-Kart folds down slightly smaller than the Powerkaddy.  If that's the case, it should fit just fine.

user52922
Reply : Mon 31st May 2010 12:27

Not in the least, Chris, I gave my honest opinion, and if that is not allowed then, tough.

If we carry on the way we are in the name of progress then I fully expect to see electric trollies with small trailers to carry the barbecue round, as it seems to me that golf has changed from a serious game to a picnic.

Ten minutes was what it took to play a hole for a fourball, now it takes ten minutes to get a fourball off the tee.

We used to play morning, afternoon and evening, now it is one round in the day.

Last edit : Mon 31st May 2010 19:15
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 31st May 2010 13:12

Honest opinion is fine John and we all know your opinions on slow play (one I happen to share).  However, Tony has made his personal choice based on what he feels is best for him and influenced by some of the comments on here.  He asked for some advice on whether he would be able to use his bag with a different trolley, not whether he should carry or not. 

Your comment came across as somewhat belittling and off topic, which is why I made my statement. 

user52922
Reply : Mon 31st May 2010 14:55

OK, I will answer the question. The problems with all electric trollies is that they are abused, by expecting them to carry too much weight, over terrrain that is not suitable for such flimsy design and quality of materials used in construction.

Last edit : Mon 31st May 2010 16:10
user52922
Reply : Mon 31st May 2010 17:17

Hope your knee operation goes better than mine did, Phil. Still not right after 18 months.

user52922
Reply : Mon 31st May 2010 19:13

I had an athroscopy first and was in so much pain after two months that I had to crawl into the orthopaedic department to somehow send them the message of the disaster they had performed. In their favour I will say that they immediately put me up for the knee replacement, but once again it was only a half knee and the inside part at that. I was in severe pain for 10 weeks after this operation and even though they were prepared to give me a complete new knee I had to decline, for obvious reasons.

The only saving grace was that it was over the winter period so I did not lose out too much on the golf.

I need an operation on my rotator cuff in my right shoulder and they want to operate, but I have decided to wait until wintertimé again, knowing that I am likely to be in pain for some time afterwards.

I wish you better luck, Phil

Last edit : Mon 31st May 2010 20:10
user52922
Reply : Mon 31st May 2010 20:08

Tony, I am long past the electric trolley stage, I am now having to use a buggy for every round.

I carried until I was 62 when I had my first heart attack. On my return to golf 8 years later I found it difficult to get round carrying so I purchased an electric trolley and, quite honestly I found them pretty hard work as well, so dispensed with them and now use the buggy.

It is funny though, even with all the health problems I have had, it still does not take me more than 10 seconds to take a club, hit the ball and put it back.

As regards me joining the herd, unfortunately I have no choice with the speed of play now prevelant on the courses in this country now.

Last edit : Mon 31st May 2010 20:11
user52922
Reply : Mon 31st May 2010 20:35

Thank you, Tony,

The problem for me is that I started playing this game in the fifties and I have seen a tremendous change in everything that has become associated with it.

Progress, what is progress? it is supposed to mean that things have become better, but in golf, I'm afraid they have gone backwards in many respects and I always get referred to as the old fuddy duddy who resents change.

I do feel, however that were any of my detractors around in the same period, then they would have exactly the same views as I hold now.

I wish you well in your golfing career and sincerely hope that you get the same satisfaction from this wonderful game as I have been fortunate to have.

Last edit : Mon 31st May 2010 20:37
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 31st May 2010 21:30

Hi Tony and welcome to the forum.

Being young, fit and healthy (tongue in cheek!) I don't yet require an electric trolley.

During the winter months I carry my clubs, then when the rounds take much longer in the summer months I use a push trolley.

Russ

user50657
Reply : Mon 31st May 2010 22:03

Tony you will not be disappointed with your go-kart, they are a quality piece of equipment and very well built. They look so much better than the metal framed electric trollies and unfold in seconds, click the battery in place and off you go. Your powakaddy bag will fit no problems at all.

user24437
Reply : Tue 1st Jun 2010 00:52

Interesting thread this, not least because I do actually agree with Johns opinions on this, I reckon if you're fit enough to carry then you should.  I used to use a pull trolley and am convinced that when I started carrying my back problems all but stopped, certainly less than when I used a pull cart, and that's with me lugging 12.5kg of kit around with me (just weighed it).  Amusingly today when we played, three of us carried and one used a powercaddy (admitedly an older spare one) and we spent a lot of time waiting for wheels to be replaced until finally it collapsed completely on the 15th...

user52922
Reply : Tue 1st Jun 2010 08:50

Carrying is the shortest way round a course.

user52922
Reply : Tue 1st Jun 2010 09:54

John just back from a trip 108 holes in 3 days in 3 and 4 balls nothing over 3 3/4 hrs with carry bag 60 next birthday.01

Well done, Bob, nice to see someone on the same wavelength. When I was sixty I carried and played 3 rounds at Camberley Heath Golf club with my eldest son off 7 handicap and my friend whom I taught to play, also off 7. I was 6 at the time. I might add that we had breakfast and lunch between the rounds also.

I just cannot believe the way the game has gone, even the juniors at my club all have electric trollies.

Only the young good players carry their bags these days.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top