Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

`Trouble and strife' on the golf course!!!!

Posted by: user278729 | Sun 30th May 2010 09:21 | Last Reply

All

I came to a decision Thursday lunchtime - I'm not playing golf with my wife for a while yet...

She very recently started golf but hasn't really been playing on a course. She's had a few lessons.  We both took a day off about 9 days ago and went out for 9 holes.  She got really foul tempered because of her game and took it out on me.

On Friday this week, again both took a day off and went out for 9 holes.  Same thing - by the first green we were having cross words!!! She was getting in a negative place about having to chip onto the green and I tried to help with some advice. Just basic tips....  This didn't get too much better around the 9 holes and I stopped trying to help.

It seems it really doesn't pay to try and teach the wife (when I say teach please interpret loosely as I am no expert!).

Anyway - matrimonial bliss was restored over lunch at a gastrp-pub and we have both agreed she should try and play with a friend for a bit as she certainly won't end up being bad tempered with them as she is with me!!

I'm guessing I'm not alone with my experience of gold with the `trouble and strife'...

Andy 

re: `Trouble and strife' on the golf course!!!!
user77012
Reply : Sun 30th May 2010 10:22

I find its best to play a round with somebody eles's wife

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 30th May 2010 21:23

It's exactly the same as teaching somebody in your family to drive!

Russ

user16163
Reply : Sun 30th May 2010 21:46

"I find its best to play a round with somebody eles's wife "

So did tiger woods

user278729
Reply : Sun 30th May 2010 23:47

The thing is I end up wondering what I was thinking.... some play golf to get away from the nagging.... and I take mine with me and get it in the ear round the golf course!!!!

On a serious note - my wife is lovely and she is really easy going. She just turns into a nighmare on the golf course.  Never had to teach her to drive - thankfully!!!!!

user278729
Reply : Mon 31st May 2010 14:44

Jay - that's what I had heard too..... and I've started to believe it now!! Just hoping that she gets a bit calmer as she exits the `is this game actually enjoyable??' stage!!

Andy 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top