Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

my swing

Posted by: user262865 | Sat 29th May 2010 02:16 | Last Reply

me and my brother were messing about videoing our swings tonight to see what exactly was going on. im probably going to regret it but heres mine. i didnt really want to put it on youtube for all to see but then i thought what the hell and put it in the comedy section.lol

i can see a few faults straight away such as the clubface is open at the top of the backswing which would explain my problem squaring the clubface on impact. also my swing is a bit out to in but i think ive gotten into this habit recently to compensate for not getting the clubface squared again at impact and i dont know in that video what my left arm and elbow is doing after impact. any tips would be appreciated though guys, even if its just "dont give up your day job" lol

Last edit : Sat 29th May 2010 02:18
re: my swing
user69191
Reply : Sat 29th May 2010 12:57

First thing I noticed is your head is wobbling about all over the place Dave, second is your not clearing your hips/lower body on the downswing, so the clubface will be at bit open at impact. On the plus side though, your swing tempo is very good, much better than mine! If you've got down to a true 18 hcap then you've done very well Dave. What do you think is the best part of your game?

Paul 

user69191
Reply : Sat 29th May 2010 19:46

Good standard of golf 17.8 Dave, the closer you get to the hole the more important the shots are.

If you find that the clubface is open at the top of the swing then its probably open throughout the swing. Just bring the club back so its parallel to he ground. Ideally it should be very slightly closed. Check your grip. A good book to read is Ben Hogans 5 Fundamentals.

If I had your tempo, your short game, your putting prowess and your untapped power potential then I could probably play to my club handicap 9.9!

Paul

user52922
Reply : Sat 29th May 2010 20:21

I am an advocate of the open clubface style throughout my golfing experiences but that was the way the game was played when I first started. Since then of course we have has so many different thoughts and methods introduced to the game that it has become a minefield of information which only detracts from the purpose of instruction.

Every teaching pro will have his own method and his teaching style will reflect this.

I suppose it really only helps if one sticks to a certain method instead of changing periodically in the search for the holy grail.

Myself I have always thought of this game as really rather simple in as much that providing one can hit a repetitive shot all the time scoring should become easy.

Modern clubs had helped in getting length but have made the iron play game much more difficult, as I am finding myself when trying to pull off shots with game improvement clubs as opposed to my pure blades, which have qualities of their own.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top