Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Partial rounds..

Posted by: user41897 | Mon 23rd Apr 2007 21:44 | Last Reply

Hi Darren,

Played tonight a twilight round after work with guys from the office. It will be a regular thing through the summer and I'd like to use the society functions and society managed accounts to keep a leaderboard going.

As the rounds are twilight they are not full 18 holes so the strokes are meaningless to the handicap tracking / performance stats.  To get the rounds entered I had to use 10's for the holes we didn't play which gives a very high stroke count and this high figure appears on the performance analysis etc.  Also surprised to see that even though I had not selected for round to be used for handicap tracking it still took 0.1 off my handicap - strange but true.

Is there a way to keep competition rounds seperate from the main part of the site or is there a way to maybe tag the round as 'incomplete' and hence it doesn't get included in any of the stats analysis?  Or is there any other way to cope with the scenario?

If the easy answer is no then I will just not use the system for my society games, or maybe enter the scores to get the report and then delete them after so as not to blemish the rest of the perfomance monitoring.

Cheers

Andy K

re: Partial rounds..
user23840
Reply : Tue 24th Apr 2007 06:56

Dont add ten Andy. add net double bogies. That way it dosent look as bad, and they're still non scoring holes.

Last edit : Tue 24th Apr 2007 06:57
user41897
Reply : Tue 24th Apr 2007 07:01

Yeah I know I could do that but would need to work them all out for the 3 players and I couldn't be bothered. The strokes tally would still be above what would be realistic!

user41897
Reply : Tue 24th Apr 2007 14:01

Problem solved.

Easiest way.  I have created a society managed account for me which is a separate account from my main account where I can record anything I want without blemishing my 18 hole game performance.

Lateral thinking

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top